Powered by Outside

Question about Winstanley Bikes

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Question about Winstanley Bikes

Author Message
Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 5:59 Quote
Hi.

Has anyone had recent dealings with Winstanley Bikes ?

I'm currently trying to locate some new Fox forks which seem to be OOS everywhere. Winstanley have them listed in stock and at a good price but I am a little bit cautious due to some reviews and previous on-line purchasing experience where I have ordered 'in-stock' items from sellers only for the item to not arrive, often due to being unavailable.

They have stated that their phone lines are closed so I emailed them but have not have had a response.

Many Thanks

FL
Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
I bought my DVO Beryl forks from them in January 2020, and have bought a couple of things from them since. They were under £400 at the time (now £440) and said in stock with supplier.
I emailed Windwave (their DVO supplier) to see if they actually had the stock to complete my order and was told yes,
The forks arrived as stated, 3 to 5 days later.

It seems strange you haven’t had a reply from them, they were great with me.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 1:35 Quote
Hi.

Thanks for replying.

Yes. That's why I'm a little cautious it seems like people either have a really good experience or a really bad experience (only going by reviews though). I just didn't want to fall into the latter group. If it was a low value item then I would just go ahead and buy it.



Heywood165 wrote:
I bought my DVO Beryl forks from them in January 2020, and have bought a couple of things from them since. They were under £400 at the time (now £440) and said in stock with supplier.
I emailed Windwave (their DVO supplier) to see if they actually had the stock to complete my order and was told yes,
The forks arrived as stated, 3 to 5 days later.

It seems strange you haven’t had a reply from them, they were great with me.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 2:56 Quote
Haven't used them in a LONG time due to their reputation and my experience of advertising stock but not having it to get peoples money an then being shady about refunds BUT, that was along time ago in my BMX days, pre internet mail order. They where even taking £ for parts still on container ships! Then sending out 'alternative' parts when they had sold more than they ordered (a friends experience).
I know they have gotten better since the internet mail order has made live stock control a possibility but, after being burnt I've been weary of shops sites that have everything in stock all the time!

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 0:28 Quote
So. Latest update.

I got an email reply back from them apologising for the delay and confirming that they did have the item and also saying that they would ensure that they would NOT use Yodel for the delivery if I ordered.

I decided to go ahead and placed the order. I received a confirmation email which also explained that things might take longer than usual.

I then received an email saying my order had shipped.

This all took place on Thursday and my package is due to arrive via DPD today (Friday).

To be honest, assuming there are no issues with the delivery/item this has been one of the best purchasing experiences I've had so far. Certainly better than some other. larger on line stores.

I'll post later today once they arrive.

FL
Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
It sounds like they despatched directly from a supplier, which definitely worked in your favour. Lots of companies have to wait for the product to arrive with them, then forward it on to the customer, so kudos to Winstanleys if your delivery arrives quickly.

Yeah, I’ve had problems with Yodel in the past, mainly their delivery times and someone not being able to stay in all day waiting to sign for the parcel because at the time they didn’t notify an hour’s drop off time.

Good luck with your purchase, I hope everything is okay when it arrives.

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 0:09 Quote
They were dispatched from Winstanleys warehouse. Yesterday at pretty much exactly the time they said. My forks arrived delivered by DPD. Really well packaged and no problems whatsoever. I don't use Yodel because of their consistently bad service. Too many problems to list. In fact I always check with stores if they use Yodel. If they do then I don't buy from there.

All I can say based on my experience is that Winstanley bikes were excellent in every aspect. Certainly better then some other on-line bike stores.

I'll definitely be using them in the future.



Heywood165 wrote:
It sounds like they despatched directly from a supplier, which definitely worked in your favour. Lots of companies have to wait for the product to arrive with them, then forward it on to the customer, so kudos to Winstanleys if your delivery arrives quickly.

Yeah, I’ve had problems with Yodel in the past, mainly their delivery times and someone not being able to stay in all day waiting to sign for the parcel because at the time they didn’t notify an hour’s drop off time.

Good luck with your purchase, I hope everything is okay when it arrives.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 3:03 Quote
I havnt actually bought anything from them but I was in the market for a Bell super DH helmet in October. they had them advertised at a pretty reasonable price so I thought I'd drop them an email to ask about it.
got a reply within about 20 minutes saying that they arnt in stock and they would have to place the order directly from bell and officially would take about 10 days, however due to covid, he couldn't see them coming in before April so if I had seen one in stock elsewhere, go for that.

on the surface that may seem unhelpful but fair play to him, he could have taken my £220 and I still wouldn't have my helmet.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010791
Mobile Version of Website