Help with rare cassette DMR Retro

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help with rare cassette DMR Retro
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
I have built a Dmr Rhythm 24” Jump Bike :

Frame : DMR Rhythm (2008/2009 I believe)

Forks : 100m Marzocchi DJ Comp (3s)

Wheels : Halo SAS 24s - DMR MOTO Tiers

Hubs : Shimano (looking to change)

Crank : original DMR Crisis 3 part

Brake : Hope 3

Single speed - 38-16 (Probably counted wrong ????)

I have slacked the chain, reduced the tension via the chain tensioner either side but it is really hard to pedal.

Stripped rear cassette down, cleaned and greased the bearings, while off the bike all seems well and free but on the bike, fixed in to position it seems to stiffen right up.

Tried looking at the cones but they are fine, no wobbles and feel grit free.

Completely at a loss as to what to do other than change the whole rear cassette or could it be the wheel itself ??

Thanks in advance for any help/information. Appreciated.

•DC•

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
what hub specifically?
are you familiar/comfortable with cup and cone style hubs and how to adjust them?
is it the freehub binding or the hub itself? (spin with chain off and does it still bind?)

at a guess this sounds like you have them adjusted a hair too tight and when clamped in the dropout they are binding

i usually adjust cup/cone hubs to feel just a teeny tiny bit loose off the bike, then when bolted on they are perfect when snugged up

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 3:19 Quote
forty0 wrote:
what hub specifically?
are you familiar/comfortable with cup and cone style hubs and how to adjust them?
is it the freehub binding or the hub itself? (spin with chain off and does it still bind?)

at a guess this sounds like you have them adjusted a hair too tight and when clamped in the dropout they are binding

i usually adjust cup/cone hubs to feel just a teeny tiny bit loose off the bike, then when bolted on they are perfect when snugged up

This has given it more freedom !!

HUB : Shimano HB-M475 VIAM (Looking to swap these for : Tensile Aerosilk Hubs)

As suggested I adjusted the cones to allow a minimum amount of movement off the frame and once bolted back in place it has lightened the effort needed to pedal massively, I still feel it’s not rolling as freely as it can so may tweak it again see how it feels.

Thank you for your time mate, suggestion was spot on !!

•DC•

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007563
Mobile Version of Website