Rockshox deluxe select + debonair leaking oil

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rockshox deluxe select + debonair leaking oil
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
This shock came on my 21 Marin alpine trail 7. I have 25-30 miles on it. I noticed the last couple rides o was having a lot of oil around the res oring. I took it out of the truck when I got home and rode it to my garage. I noticed it was really spongy and springy. I do weight 225 and I ride some chunky stuff, I don’t charge it or bomb through it,I try to be a smooth and smart rider. Anyways can my weight be blowing out this shock already? I got the bike late February. I was trying to research if they made a revalve service kit without any luck. What you guys think?

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
Its possible that without proper initial setup its blown, have it serviced and ensure sag is set correct and have a volume spacer or 2 added before riding again.
Singletrack828 wrote:
This shock came on my 21 Marin alpine trail 7. I have 25-30 miles on it. I noticed the last couple rides o was having a lot of oil around the res oring. I took it out of the truck when I got home and rode it to my garage. I noticed it was really spongy and springy. I do weight 225 and I ride some chunky stuff, I don’t charge it or bomb through it,I try to be a smooth and smart rider. Anyways can my weight be blowing out this shock already? I got the bike late February. I was trying to research if they made a revalve service kit without any luck. What you guys think?

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
electrfiedride wrote:
Its possible that without proper initial setup its blown, have it serviced and ensure sag is set correct and have a volume spacer or 2 added before riding again.
Singletrack828 wrote:

I found a decent set up with 27/28% sag. I didn’t play with the rebound to much because I didn’t think it did a whole lot. I would lock it out every once in a while when I was doing my last couple loops.nothing out of the ordinary. Bikes a month and a half old

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
Just went through the same thing 2021 Devinci Troy. It's getting looked at now will update.

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 21:44 Quote
If it's that new have your local bike shop send it in to rockshox. They will take care of it under warranty. Seen a few issues with rockshox rear shocks not assembled properly and or a few scratches where the o rings sit.

Warranty

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009970
Mobile Version of Website