CCCX DH Racing!!!

PB Forum :: Downhill
CCCX DH Racing!!!
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
I really want to race in the DH CCCX this season but i dont know what i have to do in order to race. Can you experienced racers help me out here?

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
you can register there, when i went i registered the day before (practice day). it was like $20. its a shitty race tho, it has like xc in it and most people race on like cross country bikes its stupid

FL
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
Is it really? i looked at the trail and it looked hella flat and there were pice of guys on like hardtails. Do people with nice dh bikes do well or is it too much for the trail?

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
ya they do, but this was the most commonly used bike there. no, im not joking. http://noahsarkbikes.co.uk/zencart/images/products/08SJFSRProCarbon.jpg

FL
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
wow the most common is an epic! thats gay! why would they even call it a DH race? i just guess that it is a race to see who can get down the bunny slope the fastest! lol

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
its like a super d race i guess. but ya it really sucks if your looking for a dh race.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
that race sucks if u have a dh bike but a 4x or am bike would be perfect, its an ok course but u have to walk/ride up to the top which sucks monkey balls but its an ok race if u want to do it but just dont do it with a dh bike

FL
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
i dont think that i will do it now, because it just looks pointless to ride my dh bike.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
ya, just wait for sea otter

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
i say go for it...i race my downhill bike and it's fine....it takes like a half an hour to walk to the top..no biggie....i say it's fun and yes there is peddaling but dont be a lazy ass....there is a courses with a lot of peddaling but its not that bad...a lot of people race them on dh bikes!

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
ya its sweet, i race it on my norco six. i love it. the walk up isn't bad, and the course normally has one small uphill or none. the last race was sweet, bug rolly highspeed fireroads whrere your going as fast as you can, and it drops down into tight switchbacks. do it, the race is this saturday with practice friday. its definatly not a xc race. the only thing i dont like about it is the end is normally a flat straight away like 100ft to the finish, ur dead tired. ya theres a lot of older people there on xc bikes, but theres also a lot on dh bikes... a lot of demos,v10's and other long travel bikes. the top times are noramlly on reigns and other light bikes...

FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
Did anyone race a couple of weeks ago? How was it?

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
ya i did, great course! super fast rolly fireroads. i ran out of gears and got into a speed tuck. ended up winning.Pimp

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
ya i did, great course! super fast rolly fireroads. i ran out of gears and got into a speed tuck. ended up winning.Pimp
yup same here....the speed tuck is the way to go on the fireroads! i'm going to the one tomorow also.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
ya me too theres practice tommarrow all day, and the race is saturday. you should come out and race! me and this guy^^^:P will show you the course and you could practice with us lol..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012439
Mobile Version of Website