2021 Trance X headset creak

PB Forum :: Giant
2021 Trance X headset creak
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
I have a 2021 Giant Trance X2 that has alot of creaking going on in the front of the bike. I think it is coming from the headset but I wanted to see if others have had a similar issue. Thinking of getting a new headset to see if that fixes the issue but I'm not sure on the size or best to get. Thinking of the Cane Creek 110. Thanks for any advice or feedback.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
I’ve ran into this issue within the last month or so. Even had the LBS look into it. They were able to adjust the headset and make it go away but after some riding it seems to come back.

I thought it was a creaky CSU on the fork until realizing Headset adjustments can make it temporarily go away.

Thinking of going the Cane Creek route as well and just replace the cheap stock headset.

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
How did this go?

I'm in the same situation and heading in to the LBS this week.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
So I took it back to the LBS and asked to put in an order for a Cane Creek headset and just replace it. They said they'd be happy to do that, but wanted to try giving the stock headset a deeper look first.

They said they took it apart and actually found a lot of sand and grit had worked its way under the crown race. Cleaned it all out, fresh grease, then put it back together. Took it out for a short ride and it was quiet. Thought I maybe heard the faintest occasional clicking noise when really torqueing the front end but it was way too rare and minor to worry about.

Shop did tell me though they took all the measurements for the headset so if the creaking comes back just give them a call and they'll order a CC. If that ends up happening I'll ask what size headset they order.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
Cheers,

Where I ride is pretty dry, gritty and dusty, so that's probably the case for me.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
I have a 2021 Trance X 29-2 and have had it for about two months and noticed some front end creak after I took off the front tire and adjusted my brakes. Want to re-check the axle bolt for grease but I'm now curious about the Cane Creek headsets. What size would fit on the Trance X? https://canecreek.com/product/110/ Thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008798
Mobile Version of Website