BB spacers for SRAM DUB & 73mm BSA bb

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
BB spacers for SRAM DUB & 73mm BSA bb
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 19:47 Quote
I am installing a SRAM DUB bottom bracket into my Banshee Rune V3 (73mm english threaded bottom bracket shell) with Truvativ descendent eagle DUB cranks. The bike also has a chain guide, which is fitted via an ISCG mounting plate.

SRAM's installation guide (https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen0000000006073_rev_a_compatibility_map_dub_choosing_an_mtb_bottom_bracket.pdf) says that I should have no internal or external spacers on the non-drive side, the ISCG mount as an internal spacer on the drive-side and a single 2mm spacer on the outside of the drive-side shell.

This setup leaves more lateral play than I can take up with the preload adjuster! In order to fix this, I had to increase the drive-side spacer to 3mm and add a 2mm spacer to the non-drive side.

Why does the recommended setup leave so much play? Am I reading the manual wrong?

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
If your bike has ISCG tabs on the frame, then use the 4.5 spacer on the outside of BB drive side.

If your bike uses a bottom bracket ISCG chain guide, then put the 2mm spacer on the outside of BB drive side. The BB ISCG tabs act as a 2.5mm spacer on the inside of the BB, then you add the 2mm on the outside.

In the end, you want 4.5mm of “spacers” on the drive side with the 73mm width. Hope this helps

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
sdken wrote:
If your bike has ISCG tabs on the frame, then use the 4.5 spacer on the outside of BB drive side.

If your bike uses a bottom bracket ISCG chain guide, then put the 2mm spacer on the outside of BB drive side. The BB ISCG tabs act as a 2.5mm spacer on the inside of the BB, then you add the 2mm on the outside.

In the end, you want 4.5mm of “spacers” on the drive side with the 73mm width. Hope this helps

Thanks! I've done exactly this. My bike uses a bottom bracket ISCG chain guide. The problem is when I set up as you said there is about 4mm of lateral play, which is too much for me to take up with the preload adjuster. I'm confused why that could be.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009688
Mobile Version of Website