Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 17:38 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
youngandthriving wrote:
My rig has the knocking issue as well. Medium alloy spire. Pulled the flip chip and shaved down the tabs protruding inwards and tapped the threads all the way through. Issue is still there going through chunder. Running GX AXS and a KS crotch dropper, confirmed not to be from cable or chain slap. Way more annoying than the EP8 knock.

Have you reached out to Transition?
I have not, going to troubleshoot and go from there. Shouldn't be difficult to sort out.

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 17:41 Quote
bryce250f wrote:
youngandthriving wrote:
My rig has the knocking issue as well. Medium alloy spire. Pulled the flip chip and shaved down the tabs protruding inwards and tapped the threads all the way through. Issue is still there going through chunder. Running GX AXS and a KS crotch dropper, confirmed not to be from cable or chain slap. Way more annoying than the EP8 knock.

Which shock is on your bike? After spending many hours trying to locate the knocking sound on my Spire I contacted Fox about the possibility of the sound coming from my Float X2. Turns out the knocking sound was coming from the VVC rebound circuit. Fox fixed it under warranty.
DVO Topaz T3. Pulled the X2 off before the first ride

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 19:47 Quote
Lol no dropper lever on bars and axs. Classy fella.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Does anyone know if the frame has clearance to run a 220mm rear rotor? Google failing me. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
wkmtb wrote:
Does anyone know if the frame has clearance to run a 220mm rear rotor? Google failing me. Thanks!

according to transition website "REAR BRAKE MOUNT: 180mm Post Mount, Max Rotor Size 223mm"

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
huvudvind wrote:
wkmtb wrote:

according to transition website "REAR BRAKE MOUNT: 180mm Post Mount, Max Rotor Size 223mm"

Wow missed that haha, thanks

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
huvudvind wrote:
wkmtb wrote:

I have mine with a 220mm 2.3mm TRP rotor and it works fine, the 223 should fit as well no problem…

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
wkmtb wrote:
My TRP 223x2.3 clears with lots of room to spare

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 22:13 Quote
photo

Just picked her up today... Big Grin

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 4:44 Quote
bryce250f wrote:
youngandthriving wrote:

Which shock is on your bike? After spending many hours trying to locate the knocking sound on my Spire I contacted Fox about the possibility of the sound coming from my Float X2. Turns out the knocking sound was coming from the VVC rebound circuit. Fox fixed it under warranty.

To back this up

I have an X2 factory on my 22 Levo and it too had a nasty knock when the shock was cycled. Easy to check on the driveway just press the shock down hard from rest. The knock transferred right through the frame over chunder. Sound and felt very similar to a loose mounting. I changed the shock over to a superdeluxe and it was gone.

Was rebuilt under warranty and fine after that, although 10 hours of use later and there is a little bump there now, cant detect it when riding I don't think..... that said I do think it's becoming choppy again but that's me coming off a freshly rebuilt shock.

I went with a Patrol in the end over the Spire but it too has a nasty knock. Just got it back this week from rebuild. Confident it'll be fixed although not had a chance to ride it yet.

Ignoring the squelch and the normal whizzing sound you can hear the bump here. That bump is very noticeable though rough terrain throughout the frame both physically and audible

https://youtube.com/shorts/n0H8_uPPU2M?feature=share

It's a good shock when it works. Exceptional in fact. But the moment the bump comes back I'll be getting a coil shock.

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 6:00 Quote
Had that knock, too. After warranty service it was gone for now. Had the same issue with a new RS SD Coil. Send it to Klausmann Suspension and waiting for the return. He said the SD has some issues with the IFP sometimes causing that kock.

regards.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 6:35 Quote
kinlodesigns wrote:
photo

Just picked her up today... Big Grin

Beautiful! Congrats!
Have you been able to get it dirty yet?

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
deleted. Missfire

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
All riders in here with a new float X2 on their build should send in for warranty before riding it imo.

They're all cavitated when new. Or something else.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014088
Mobile Version of Website