2.4 Dissector Vs 2.4 Rekon front tire

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2.4 Dissector Vs 2.4 Rekon front tire
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 4:03 Quote
Hey all,

Right now I'm rolling on Rekon race 2.4 wt front and rear and with my upcoming Holiday in Northern France I want to have a more capable front tire without to much drag.

I have got a 2.5 exo+ maxxterra minion but I find that to be far to heavy and draggy for my liking.

How are your experience with those two tires? Which should I pick?

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 2:16 Quote
The Rekon didn't give me much confidence on the front in loose conditions but I've only used the Dissector on the rear so I can't make a direct comparison. What terrain/surface(s) will you be riding?

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
I've been trying a 3C Max Terra 29x2.4 Dissector with a DC 29x2.4 Rekon on the rear for a trail bike setup in eastern Canada. Rocky, rooty, technical for the most part. Seems like a decent combo for those conditions. I haven't used that combo on high speed or bermy trails.

The Rekon Race is a pure XC tire. A Rekon up front would balance nicely, but that's very much a pure XC, speed, avoid the technical type setup IMO. The Dissector up front will be faster than a DHF, but you will have way more traction up front than you would in the rear. Are you sure the Rekon Race will be enough tire for the trails you intend to ride in France? If yes, then I'd say Rekon.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 19:07 Quote
Dissector would provide more grip than the Rekon on the front. Rekon might roll a little faster. Both tires are not good in wet conditions. I'd use the minion on anything but pure XC riding.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 21:59 Quote
Dissector front and rear

FL
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
Agree with dissector front and rear. I had that and switched to DHF/Dissector and like the Dissector/Dissector more. I switched because I wanted to see what the DHF was all about, not a fan.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
I really like my Rekon as a front tire for my semi-XC bike, it rolls pretty fast but can still dig in when needed. if you're coming from a rekon race (& have a similar rear tire) the Rekon will give a more balanced setup.

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 20:46 Quote
Trail/DC owners like Dissector/Rekon combo(or Martello/Agarro for Vittoria fanboys)

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
I have run Rekon f/r for xc racing. The Rekon is a great rear tire, unless you want heavy casing, gravity oriented traction. My bike came with the Dissector rear. I moved it to the front and added a Rekon rear. It is a well balanced trail/am combo.

(I took off the DHF, which is a great tire, but heavy and like velcro)

Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 11:58 Quote
Ace !
nmuskier wrote:
I have run Rekon f/r for xc racing. The Rekon is a great rear tire, unless you want heavy casing, gravity oriented traction. My bike came with the Dissector rear. I moved it to the front and added a Rekon rear. It is a well balanced trail/am combo.

(I took off the DHF, which is a great tire, but heavy and like velcro)

Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 21:39 Quote
I'm running a Dissector front Rekon rear after running Rekon F&R. For me it's a great combo with better bite up front and fast controllable rear.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010228
Mobile Version of Website