Banshee Paradox V3 Riders?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Banshee Paradox V3 Riders?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Currently planning out a Banshee V3 build this winter when frames come in (Banshee confirmed they'll be here in same raw and anodized black) and wanting to see what any current riders have going on up front as far as travel lengths go. I live and ride primarily in Michigan and am leaning toward a 140mm Revelation, anything more for local terrain is way overkill IMO.

Any other likes and dislikes would be cool to get the discussion started. What little there is out there seems to be overall very positive (looking at you Steve!) and available frames don't last long which I'm gauging as a good thing. Just curious to see what the word on the street/trail is...

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
Dirt merchant and demoworkx has phantom frames in stock at the moment.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 9:43 Quote
BrianG98 wrote:
Dirt merchant and demoworkx has phantom frames in stock at the moment.

Man, Thanks so much. Never knew about demoworkx before.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 18:32 Quote
For me, the Paradox V3 has been the nicest riding hardtail since my Moots YBB back in the 90’s. Not a fair comparison, but the Paradox feel is very muted, especially at speed. You’ll still get those lateral hits that remind you it’s alum., but vertically it is smooth and composed. I’ve been riding Pisgah for 30 years, there’s no trail here that puts this bike out of its element. Running 140mm now, climbs fine, no wandering. Nice tall stack puts you in, not on, the bike. So nice to have a bottom bracket height that lets you pedal thru stuff. Only annoyance, and its minor, is the rear IS brake tabs, requiring adapter. Other than that, get one, the thing rips.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 18:17 Quote
2nd summer with my paradox V3 and absolutely love it! I started off with a 140mm Rockshox 35 Gold RL, it was enjoyable. Recently upgraded to 150mm Fox Factory 36, definitely a noticeable difference in the ability to soak up the chatter. I'm also 6"2 - 245lbs so just on weight alone I use up some travel. Another nice piece to look at, that since riding with one I wouldn't go without is the oneup carbon bar.

All in all building a bike is the way to go. It might cost a little more than buying one fully spec'd, but this way you can do your research, choose where to spend and where to save, and mix n match exactly how you want! One piece of advice that I'm sure you've heard already, don't cheap out on the fork with a hardtail...

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
bainonc1 wrote:
For me, the Paradox V3 has been the nicest riding hardtail since my Moots YBB back in the 90’s. Not a fair comparison, but the Paradox feel is very muted, especially at speed. You’ll still get those lateral hits that remind you it’s alum., but vertically it is smooth and composed. I’ve been riding Pisgah for 30 years, there’s no trail here that puts this bike out of its element. Running 140mm now, climbs fine, no wandering. Nice tall stack puts you in, not on, the bike. So nice to have a bottom bracket height that lets you pedal thru stuff. Only annoyance, and its minor, is the rear IS brake tabs, requiring adapter. Other than that, get one, the thing rips.

That sounds really fun. When you mention the bottom bracket height, what tire size are you running? 29 or 27.5?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.004832
Mobile Version of Website