2021 Ransom 920 Creak

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
2021 Ransom 920 Creak
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
So I was wondering if anyone else is getting a creak from their Ransom's? I can't tell if it's coming from the upper shock bushing (switched to a coil, Marzocchi Bomber CR) or the bottom bracket. I have read that press fit bottom brackets sometimes creak. Figured I would ask before tearing apart my bike.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
Yes i had so many creakings on the frame... after 4 monthts i changed all the bearings and bolts... yes they were worn out proparly... crazy... changed the headset as well to a CC hellbender... creaking is still there. The bolt on the shock is loose on every ride...

I dont think its the pressfit. The bearings etc. Are more the problem.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 5:29 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
Yes i had so many creakings on the frame... after 4 monthts i changed all the bearings and bolts... yes they were worn out proparly... crazy... changed the headset as well to a CC hellbender... creaking is still there. The bolt on the shock is loose on every ride...

I notice the creak after I changed to a coil rear shock. Going to put the air shock back on it and see what happens. I know press fit bottom brackets are prone to creaking and might pull it off and clean and grease it.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
retrofred wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

I notice the creak after I changed to a coil rear shock. Going to put the air shock back on it and see what happens. I know press fit bottom brackets are prone to creaking and might pull it off and clean and grease it.

maybe this will help?

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=225498

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010414
Mobile Version of Website