Limited Time Training Suggestions

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Limited Time Training Suggestions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
I am a 16 year old HS student with only a few days to train and was wondering if you have any suggestions for training. I was thinking of having one day be for endurance (40+ mile rides), one for sprints/intervals (15-20 mile rides), and one kinda in the middle with a mix of both (~30 miles.) Does this sound good?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 22:20 Quote
It sounds good if those are steps working towards a goal. What are you goals?

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
I'm hoping to become a more well rounded racer since I'm stuck racing series that are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Not sure if that's quite what you wanted, but that's what I got. lol

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
Training for what exactly?

You can skip cycling each "training" and put in cross training through the gym but without evidence of what type of race you're doing we can't suggest much. Downhill? Cross country? Road?

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
I agree with Kawasaki.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
Mostly XC, both endurance and sprint stuff.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
Endurance and Sprinting require two different training approaches. While both are relevant to the XC discipline the importance is determined by which is of higher priority to you at the time of training. Do you need more endurance (very general usage of the word) or do you need more sprint work (power and technique)?

Shameless plug for my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/CoachDanielH

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 20:30 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Mostly XC, both endurance and sprint stuff.

I can tell you this; any amount of "sprint training" isn't going to help if you're doing a hour long race, as you'll need the endurance to keep up a high tempo; you can do tempo training called Fartlek on a bike and that an be done on or off the bike. Put in the time getting your heart rate up for sustained periods of times, building cardio.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
Hi!

Endurance is a discipline-specific ability. This means that if you want to get better at Enduro you have to do more effort which is similar (specific) to Enduro. It's so simple.

However, not everyone is ready to start specific training right away. Then it is worth preparing by performing endurance training of low to medium intensity. In this way build the "engine" and overall stamina. Then we can move on to specific trainings such as long and medium intervals, sprints with threshold ride, aerobic power, etc.

I'm Strength and Conditioning coach specialized i MTB. You can find a lot of useful tips about endurance training on my website https://trainforskills.pl/en/ You can find there also MTB Training Programs. If you got some questions or need some help feel free to ask me Wink

Cheers,
Arthur

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039004
Mobile Version of Website