Z1 bushing replace

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Z1 bushing replace
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 2:31 Quote
My Z1 coils go to silverfish tomorrow to have the bushings replaced (hopefully on warranty as less than a year old)

Has anyone had this done?

If so did it cure the wobble and noise and also how long did they have the forks for?

Cheers.

Mike

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 1:00 Quote
hi, how did this turn out for you? I had the bushings knocking and they replaced them under warranty (no issue at all), but the feel of the fork is now completely different - harsh, not getting all the travel, it doesn’t provide hat nice terrain feel it had before service - it’s quite a pinballish feeling now. to get that suppleness, I have to go way lower in the pressure setting, but still no like it was before.

I found out that when bushings get changed, Fox’s ones get installed, which are much tighter than the original ones and that is the culprit. But official Fox service couldn’t confirm this - could be, they said. That’s why I am reaching out here, how’s yours after bushing change.

cheers!

O+
Posted: May 17, 2023 at 9:53 Quote
Sounds like you need to have those bushings sized with a burnishing tool. A good suspension service centre will have one.

Yurifi wrote:
hi, how did this turn out for you? I had the bushings knocking and they replaced them under warranty (no issue at all), but the feel of the fork is now completely different - harsh, not getting all the travel, it doesn’t provide hat nice terrain feel it had before service - it’s quite a pinballish feeling now. to get that suppleness, I have to go way lower in the pressure setting, but still no like it was before.

I found out that when bushings get changed, Fox’s ones get installed, which are much tighter than the original ones and that is the culprit. But official Fox service couldn’t confirm this - could be, they said. That’s why I am reaching out here, how’s yours after bushing change.

cheers!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007726
Mobile Version of Website