Stuck between 2 pedals

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Stuck between 2 pedals
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
Well after following up on how my bike is with the LBS (in for over-haul tune up) they said that my left pedal is bent. So they recommended a set of pedals they have in stock. They are the Wellgo MG-1 pedals. I searched on here and google and they look sick. They're super light and look like a good all around pedal. They have it for $70. I was also considering the DMR V12 pedals. The V12's look killer as well. I can get them for $70ish as well on-line. I checked on-line for the Wellgo MG-1 pedals and I can get them for around $45ish. Now I'm going for a blue/white theme with my bike and they are both offered in white but my LBS can't get a white MG-1. I didn't ask about the V12 pedal. But $70 for the pedals is a lot. I just recently bought tickets for a concert and need new shin guards, so that money can go else where. So my question is, what do you guys prefer? The MG-1 or V12. The V12s look solid but they are a lot heavier. The Mg-1s are a lot lighter, would I really feel the difference in how light the pedal is when I'm pedaling?

Thanks, Brendan

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
I have the V12 mags, and wouldnt trade them for anything (except the dark cycles arachnids....) They grip well, have been RAILED into rock and held together well, are light and look great. They actually weigh less than my Time clipless ones.

Only gripe is that the pins are not locktited from the factory, so I had to take out all the pins and locktite em before I even rode them.

BTW, I dont think the weights of the V12 mag is much off the wellgo, MAYBE 60 grams, and thats not much in my book. DEFINITELY not enough for you to feel the difference if you were blindfolded and rode.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
just go for the cheaper ones, there both good, but 45 is alot better that 70

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
The v12's are amazing... as are the v8's

To be honest though... The v12's are not worth the extra 30 bucks...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011228
Mobile Version of Website