Anybody ever ridden a bike from the company "Sherpa Bicycles"

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anybody ever ridden a bike from the company "Sherpa Bicycles"
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
I have been digging through enduro bikes and I came across a brand "Sherpa Bicycles", and it looks like they have some crazy bikes, but I am not sure if they are a legit company because they weren't able to provide me with any footage about their bikes although I found some footage, and they also said they didn't design their own mold for the everest model which is the enduro frame. I really like these frames and want one but I just want to make sure they are a legit brand first.

They also put fake backgrounds on 50%+ bikes on their website, like they edit it in. You can tell because the bikes are never matching the conditions they are in and some of the backgrounds are even animated partially. Somebody please help!

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
Not heard of them, but I suspect you could find a very similar (if not identical) frame by searching through AliExpress and save yourself the £1000 I suspect they're charging you for painting them and doing some marketing

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
I believe they are a China catalog type bike. Another bike company named Evolve had a bike called the Alpha that looked identical:
https://www.theproscloset.com/products/evolve-alpha-29-mountain-bike-2019-large

They have since made a Alpha V2 that no longer looks the same.

Edit: found another one by Rythm bikes:
http://rythmbikes.com/produit/shred/

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 5:26 Quote
bradleystookey wrote:
bdatthew wrote:
I have been digging through enduro bikes and I came across a brand "Sherpa Bicycles", and it looks like they have some crazy bikes, but I am not sure if they are a legit company because they weren't able to provide me with any footage about their bikes although I found some footage, and they also said they didn't design their own mold for the everest model which is the enduro frame. I really like these frames and want one but I just want to make sure they are a legit brand first.

They also put fake backgrounds on 50%+ bikes on their website, like they edit it in. You can tell because the bikes are never matching the conditions they are in and some of the backgrounds are even animated partially. Somebody please help!

Man we are absolutely real. Like the other gentleman said you are absolutely welcome to purchase our current frame on Aliexpress for cheaper, it will not come with custom paint or our custom frame protection made by lizard skins. You also won’t get the build quality or the lifetime warranty that we provide. We started the brand off this way in order to offer some super customized bikes at a lower price to prove the concept in hopes that people will believe in what we are doing. These are really amazing frames so if you don’t want to do a custom build with us I would highly recommend getting a frame anyway.

Also, none of our pictures are photoshopped. I take all of the pictures myself as well as build them all myself.

Anyway, hope this helps! Cheers!

Interested to know what your lifetime warranty entails, when you're reselling open mould frames. Not a dig, I'm genuinely interested. And would like to know how you define "build quality" when you're putting readily available parts on these frames, which you don't build either. I applaud you trying to set up a successful business, but people aren't dumb, and paying a lot of money for something they could very easily buy themselves, have painted themselves, and probably build themselves, for arguably cheaper isn't sustainable

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 6:49 Quote
Well, at some point, you could do anything / everything yourself, but time (and skills / knowledge) is money.

I don't know these guys or this company, and I do not really have a clear opinion about it (yet). But if I follow your reasoning, nobody would buy bikes anymore, only parts; people would often paint their frames themselves; etc. and this is definitely not what most people do.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
I'm not their target market, that's for sure. I'm sure this will be a great deal for someone wanting a "custom" bike with "custom" paint, who doesn't care actually what that frame is.

I suppose I have an issue with cheap shit being sold with a strong markup under the guise of being custom because you got to choose the groupset and what colour it is. You get to choose your groupset when buying an OTP bike, to an extent.

At least the poster above is honest about it. I'm intrigued by where the lifetime warranty comes into play

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011739
Mobile Version of Website