SRAM Guide T Upgrade Options

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
SRAM Guide T Upgrade Options
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
I have a new Remedy 7 that came with a set of Guide T brakes and I really don't love them.

My previous setup was a pair of Guide R brakes, the slightly newer design. I was only running those for about 6 months and had 2 pot SLX for 7 years or so. I changed to the Guide R's as the SLX finally just gave up and wouldn't bleed properly at all.

At the time I couldn't get a set of Shimano 4 pots for sensible money and knew I would getting a new bike soon ish. The Guide R's were cheap and worked really well for me. But I still preferred the Shimano levers, particularly as I have small hands.

The Guide T's work just "fine" and to be fair to them they've only done >20miles, with another 10 miler trail ride planned tomorrow. I think the calipers are the same but the it's the levers that let them down. I just don't find them comfortable, the power is OK and I'm sure it'll only get better with more riding.

I'm considering a set of new Code R or SLX M7120 (4pots) to replace them with. The Code's would be about £10 more.

Any thoughts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006635
Mobile Version of Website