Building on public land

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Building on public land
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
I live in socal and frequent a very popular open space public land. It is controled by the local park district and is subjected to their general rules. There are several trails that were built by hand, even though it is against the rules to "alter" the land. I would like to build a flow jump table top line off to the side of a trail that bypassed the original fire access road. There are several piles of dirt in this area that were placed there some time ago; I'm assuming to fix the road. I could probably build it by hand but I have several pieces of construction equiptment that could easily complete the job in a weekend. I would just do it on a sunday but I'm worried that if the police were called they would impound it (most of the officers are cool but you may get a Barney Fife that was picked on in school). I'm not making anything gnarly just three or four tabletops and it will utilize piles of dirt that aren't naturally acured. If I ask and they say no then I'm totally screwed. I made up a proposal plan set to submit to the park. What do you think?

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 15:05 Quote
They're gonna deny it. 99 percent of parks departments hate mountain bikers in my experience and if it doesn't benefit them they will deny it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008621
Mobile Version of Website