RM Altitude C50 or Spesh Enduro

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RM Altitude C50 or Spesh Enduro
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 2:13 Quote
I've been looking for a new bike.

Both bikes, RM Altitude C50 and Spesh Enduro would be available.

For the RM i go with the full bike, i would change the wheels and maybe the damper, got a spare DT EX 511 with 240 hubs at home.

For the spesh i would pick the frame. the only things i need would be, stem, fork, some parts of the drivetrain (cassette, chain) Rest of the parts lying at home.

I had the opportunity to ride both bikes. They perfome really well, got their pros and cons. but nothing really bad.

Whats your opinion, which one would you pick?

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 6:30 Quote
I have the 2021 RM Altitude C50, and it is an incredible bike! I would choose it over the Specialized Enduro if you plan on riding more than just steep runs. The Altitude still feels lively on more tame trails, yet is super capable when it gets steep and rough. Super fun bike, and as my only bike I am super stoked on it! I haven't changed out much on it, running a bigger 29x2.6 DHR II on the rear now due to it being the only thing available at the time to replace a torn bead, and running cush core in the rear as well. I did just swap out the stem for a BURGTEC Enduro Mk3 Stem. We'll see how that feels today!

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

For the RM i go with the full bike, i would change the wheels and maybe the damper, got a spare DT EX 511 with 240 hubs at home.

For the spesh i would pick the frame. the only things i need would be, stem, fork, some parts of the drivetrain (cassette, chain) Rest of the parts lying at home.

I had the opportunity to ride both bikes. They perfome really well, got their pros and cons. but nothing really bad.

hi hamburgi

when you buy the spesh look that you can get a 2021 or 2022 frame otherwise you could get the headset crack too. i had a 2020 comp and rode it hard for one year and then i got a crack in the headtube. its a mini downhillbike, super stable but nothing for me bc of the carbon. mybe i could sell you a warranty frame if i get mine. waiting for 3 months now

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
Kaaekuahiwi wrote:
I have the 2021 RM Altitude C50, and it is an incredible bike! I would choose it over the Specialized Enduro if you plan on riding more than just steep runs. The Altitude still feels lively on more tame trails, yet is super capable when it gets steep and rough. Super fun bike, and as my only bike I am super stoked on it! I haven't changed out much on it, running a bigger 29x2.6 DHR II on the rear now due to it being the only thing available at the time to replace a torn bead, and running cush core in the rear as well. I did just swap out the stem for a BURGTEC Enduro Mk3 Stem. We'll see how that feels today!

my experience with RM corresponds to yours.
Cush-core is a must have. Cool

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:

hi hamburgi
when you buy the spesh look that you can get a 2021 or 2022 frame otherwise you could get the headset crack too. i had a 2020 comp and rode it hard for one year and then i got a crack in the headtube. its a mini downhillbike, super stable but nothing for me bc of the carbon. mybe i could sell you a warranty frame if i get mine. waiting for 3 months now

My headset got cracked at the enduro Facepalm

thats why im searching for a back-up bike.

Same Enduro monster with less longevity or RM something different Moon

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010057
Mobile Version of Website