Powered by Outside

1.8 steerer on a 44/56 tapered head tube

PB Forum :: eMTB
1.8 steerer on a 44/56 tapered head tube
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
Does anyone out there know of a headset to take a zeb 1.8 I’ve got a pole evolink 2019

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
Confused as I'm not understanding the situation. So you tried to put the fork on and they didnt fit? That bike on Pole's website is shown with a Lyrik so swapping the ZEB should be a direct fit provided the new forks steer tube has the not been cut to short or shorter than stock,

The steer tube dia for the major brands is standardized so the headset shouldnt be an issue.

If you are building from a frame that dosnt have the headset then what you are asking is what headset do you need which is more to do with the outer size of the headset and not related to the inner hole size where the steer tube goes into.

Headset on Pole site is indicated to be a ZS 56/44mm which is pretty common. I have had great luck with wolf tooth headsets FWIW.

Hope that helps-A06

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 10:03 Quote
You’ll have to search for it but Acros makes a crown race reducer that will allow you mount that fork onto a bike with a standard 1.5” crown. I 100% understand what you’re asking. The info you need can be found somewhere on EMTB Forums.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
qdrhrse wrote:
You’ll have to search for it but Acros makes a crown race reducer that will allow you mount that fork onto a bike with a standard 1.5” crown. I 100% understand what you’re asking. The info you need can be found somewhere on EMTB Forums.

Can you clue the unknowing in on this? I dont like being the spreader of wrong information but I'm not following what the issue he was/is having actually is.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
A06 wrote:
qdrhrse wrote:

Can you clue the unknowing in on this? I dont like being the spreader of wrong information but I'm not following what the issue he was/is having actually is.

The ZEB is available with two different sized tapered steerers. The more standard 1.5" and a larger 1.8". I am guessing he wants to know if the 1.8" version will fit his bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
Thanks for clarifying I didnt realize they offered 2 sizes!

Posted: Feb 8, 2024 at 21:27 Quote
hello, i have the same problem with a 1.8" forks that i want to fit on a 1.5" frame,did you manage to find an adapter ?

Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 15:10 Quote
cosmynvoicu88 wrote:
hello, i have the same problem with a 1.8" forks that i want to fit on a 1.5" frame,did you manage to find an adapter ?

Hello! Did you find a solution?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007463
Mobile Version of Website