Powered by Outside

Kona Lava Dome - Dropper Post Help Plz

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Lava Dome - Dropper Post Help Plz

Author Message
Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
Hey Guys,

I'm pretty spanking new to owning and working on bikes so I need some guidance. I just bought a Lava Dome as my first real bike as a town cruiser, single track/ urban assault ripper. I want to do a couple mods, first is a dropper post, and also I want to change the chainring to a harder gear ratio. (a larger chain ring, I guess).

What's the max size dropper post I can fit for my Medium frame lava dome? ST Length on this frame is 420mm. I'm looking at a Crank Brothers Highline 3 150mm post, will that work? Anything I should know or recommendations?

Also, How do I know what chain ring is compatible with my bike? Or crankset I guess? If anyone has a few examples of chain ring larger than the stock one that would fit this bike that would be helpful.

Thanks all!!


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008416
Mobile Version of Website