New Commencal Meta Power TR display turns on and then shuts off

PB Forum :: eMTB
New Commencal Meta Power TR display turns on and then shuts off
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 0:02 Quote
Hey all. My girlfriend has just purchased a Commencal Meta Power TR Ebike and we’re having issues getting it to power up. Currently, when powered on, the “shimano steps” screen pops up on the display and then shuts off 2 seconds later. The battery has been charging for the last 7 hours and I’ve disconnected and reconnected everything plugging into the display. The motor is the shimano E8000 motor/EP8 display.

Any insight would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 6:28 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
Hey all. My girlfriend has just purchased a Commencal Meta Power TR Ebike and we’re having issues getting it to power up. Currently, when powered on, the “shimano steps” screen pops up on the display and then shuts off 2 seconds later. The battery has been charging for the last 7 hours and I’ve disconnected and reconnected everything plugging into the display. The motor is the shimano E8000 motor/EP8 display.

Could be the Shimano "switch issue". There are lots of threads about it, although I never expereinvedc it with my Shimano bikes.

Could be a replacement power switch is required.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 5:43 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:

Besides the power switch, you may have a pinched cable between the drive motor and the display. Had an issue due to routing and switching cables fixed my problem.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007976
Mobile Version of Website