Scott Ransom 2019 compatibility with Fox X2 2022

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Scott Ransom 2019 compatibility with Fox X2 2022
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 3:42 Quote
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my Scott Ransom 2019 with the Fox Float X2 2022, however, I am not sure about the frame compatibility with this shock due to the space in the trunnion side. Has anyone done this? I have seen picture but not sure if the shock model is the same or even changes in the year that could impact the dimensions.

Thanks

O+
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 4:33 Quote
There's one on Vital with a 2021 X2 and the 2022 model is basically identical.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Panos-homer,52750/setup,41933

It does looks like the compression adjusters and climb switch are inaccessible though.

Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 0:38 Quote
Hello all,

@mastusho have you managed to fit it? I tried on a medium frame and the shock juust hits the edge of the hole in the downtube. Am no too keen on griding away on my new bike tho :/ (i can post pictures in here)
There are a few ransom bikes on the vital mtb comunity bike checks with 2021+ fox x2 or dhx2 shocks, but the messaging system on that website is trash, just plain doesen't work so i cannot contact anyone from there.

Anyone else tried succesfuly?

Cheers!

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 22:29 Quote
Yes I have recently fit the x2 on my ransom but I did grind the twin lock hole using a dremal (it is not noticeable at all when the shock is installed) I have access to both LSR, HSR, and the climb switch. Not too bad, if you are looking for a replacement shock that will fit without any modifications the jade x fits perfectly. I have both. If you have any questions just ask.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 1:48 Quote
I have not committed to buy the X2 yet... I am not too concern about losing the climb mode but more about the frame compatibility. I asked a couple of pros that have this config but no response yet... Anyway, every time I go to the bikepark I have a good time so probably it is not necessary and more like a nice to have lol

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 1:51 Quote
mtbfreak17 wrote:
Yes I have recently fit the x2 on my ransom but I did grind the twin lock hole using a dremal (it is not noticeable at all when the shock is installed) I have access to both LSR, HSR, and the climb switch. Not too bad, if you are looking for a replacement shock that will fit without any modifications the jade x fits perfectly. I have both. If you have any questions just ask.

After some investigation, looks like there is a ohlins made for the ransom. https://endubikes.com/tienda/componentes-mtb/suspensiones-mtb/amortiguadores-mtb/ohlins-ttx-22m-trunnion-custom-scott-ransom/

The only downside is the price.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 1:53 Quote
mtbfreak17 wrote:

Do you feel a major improvement in the downhill department? I am not sure about committing to this upgrade and then not noticing a game changer in the performance of the bike.

Thank you for the comment!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
It’s a game changer for sure the rear wheel tracks much better and remains consistent. The only real downfall is the removal of the twin lock which I don’t mind, the ransom is still a great climber with the x2 and the jade x you are still able to access the climb switch.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
Brendan Faircloth runs a x2 on his ramsom as well.

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
mtbfreak17 wrote:
Brendan Faircloth runs a x2 on his ramsom as well.

He probably do mods to the frame if necessary and also, I dont think he does much climbing on it (unless paid to show that).

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 5:57 Quote
mtbfreak17 wrote:
It’s a game changer for sure the rear wheel tracks much better and remains consistent. The only real downfall is the removal of the twin lock which I don’t mind, the ransom is still a great climber with the x2 and the jade x you are still able to access the climb switch.

I had the twin lock cables off for a while and did not mind at all. I will try to find a good deal for the x2 and try it out... thank you very much

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 4:56 Quote
I also fit a 2021 Fox X2 to my alloy medium Ransom. The lockout lever and the compression dials are hard to access, but the rebound isn't, the high speed rebound would also easy to access since it is on the top eyelet, if i had it on mine. But it needs a correct tune to work properly, currently i have a X2 from the E-Ransom and it works fine, not great but fine, i figured since it has similar geometry, travel and linkage design if would be better but eh, the ohlins on my dh bike is leagues better in terms of performance but thats ohlins i guess. I would get one if it weren't a small fortune to buy, you have to order a custom andreani/ohlins shock to get it to fit, around 1000eur if not more as far as i know.

Regarding the stock Nude tr, for me the tune on it was spot on, the only downsides are that you cannot fit volume tokens or upgrade to the ramp adjust sleeve and that it heats up like crazy on long descents. Also i saw a couple of them break at the shaft leaking everywhere and spare parts are crazy hard to get now so if it happens and grenades some other internals it wouldn't be good :/

The older x2 and dhx2 should fit no problem, also the previuos gen superdeluxe air and coil require no grinding to fit to the frame, only the lockout lever needs to be shortened a bit. My coworker has a superdeluxe ultimate with megneg, for him it works great.

What other shocks have people managed to fit and how do they work? Please let me know Smile

I attach some pictures on how much grinding i had to do to my poor frame haha

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 5:06 Quote
photo

Grinding away at the frame

photo

Shock hitting the frame with the compression assembly

photo

photo

All fitted and ready to go!

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 2:18 Quote
THerman666 wrote:
Regarding the stock Nude tr, for me the tune on it was spot on, the only downsides are that you cannot fit volume tokens or upgrade to the ramp adjust sleeve

Update,

it is possible to get the Ramp adjust sleeve, it is around 200 eur and the part number is 806-29-758-KIT. As far as i know it should fit all nude 205x65 shocks from a ransom.

Cheers!

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 2:19 Quote
I grew a pair and installed the x2, I had to do the mods as per the picture above and test it in the bikepark... Great improvement as it feels like a different bike. I have not tried a full enduro ride (climbing as well), however, the lockout switch seems to do the job.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020907
Mobile Version of Website