Giant: Frame Replacement Warranty

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant: Frame Replacement Warranty
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
Recently cracked the frame on my 2020 Giant Anthem 29 2 (Aluminum). Brought bike to LBS last week to initial warranty replacement and Giant confirmed they will warranty the frame....however I was told the frame would not be available until October 2022 (4 months out) and I've been given no details on how they actually plan on replacing it. I'm hoping to hear from someone else who has gone through Giant's warranty replacement to figure out what I can expect.

LBS says I'll likely get the same aluminum frame but the Aluminum Anthem was discontinued for the 2022 model year (they are all carbon now). I cannot image Giant would still be making older frames to cover warranty replacements...and if they had any of the older frames lying around...it wouldn't take until October to send me one.

FL
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
Giant have always been a company that doesnt seem to stock spare frames and they just "up" their next production run to suit.
i waited 7 months for a Carbon 21 Reign frame only for the shop to smash the rotor into it and chip a heap of paint off - demanded a "as new frame" They said anther 6-8 months, i whinged and they refunded me the whole bike

Normally when you warranty a giant frame they only Send out the top spec colour way frame and its quite common to see a Carbon current gen frame.

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 16:36 Quote
Similar issue, LBS told me Giant said 18 weeks. I looked online and Giant shows out of stock on my frame. I assumed they would be giving me a new frame from the next production cycle. I decided to replace it myself and sell the new frame when it comes in.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 11:00 Quote
Giant finally took care of me. It took them 18 weeks as they said. I ended up getting a similar frame just in a different color. It wasn't from newer batch so I don't know why it took 18 weeks but I am grateful for the composite guarantee. I will say the downtube protection the Reign comes with is a joke. I would highly recommend replacing it with something more robust if you ride it in rock gardens. I got a protector from https://www.amygos.fr/. If you have trouble purchasing directly form the website like I did, send them an e-mail. They were very responsive and helpful.

Jesse

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 11:13 Quote
Here is a pic of the new frame. I think the Blue looks better then the Rosewood.

photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009488
Mobile Version of Website