Powered by Outside

TRP DH-R Evo help!

PB Forum :: Downhill
TRP DH-R Evo help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 15:50 Quote
Hey guys, so after reading numerous great reviews I decided to buy a set of dhrs for my GT fury. Every review I’ve seen has commented on their amazing stopping power and modulation which is why I chose to put them on my dh rig, but for some reason mine have felt soft in the levers and lack the stopping power I’m used to with zee/code rscs. I’ve tried swapping between resin and metallic pads (spent 10-20 minutes bedding in both sets before a park day) and bled both sets twice but still haven’t been able to get the power I’m looking for. With the codes on my other bike I can easily lock both wheels individually with 1 finger, however with these brakes I need to pull extremely hard with 2 fingers to get the same result. Can anyone that owns these brakes chime in if they’ve had similar issues and know a fix? I’m wondering if I have air trapped in the calipers but can’t get any bubbles out.
Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 7:18 Quote
dirtwaves wrote:
Hey guys, so after reading numerous great reviews I decided to buy a set of dhrs for my GT fury. Every review I’ve seen has commented on their amazing stopping power and modulation which is why I chose to put them on my dh rig, but for some reason mine have felt soft in the levers and lack the stopping power I’m used to with zee/code rscs. I’ve tried swapping between resin and metallic pads (spent 10-20 minutes bedding in both sets before a park day) and bled both sets twice but still haven’t been able to get the power I’m looking for. With the codes on my other bike I can easily lock both wheels individually with 1 finger, however with these brakes I need to pull extremely hard with 2 fingers to get the same result. Can anyone that owns these brakes chime in if they’ve had similar issues and know a fix? I’m wondering if I have air trapped in the calipers after running new hoses but can’t get any air bubbles out.
Thanks!

Unfortunately something is off with your brakes. I have both Saints and TRP DHR-Evos and the TRPs are as powerful if not more powerful than the Shimanos. The levers feel a little softer and the beginning of the stroke but they definitely hit a firm bump at full contact. Maybe there's air in the lines or maybe there are contaminants on the braking surfaces? You should have true 1-finger power. Best of luck sorting it out.

FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 7:47 Quote
Thanks for the advice, after reading some forums I decided to bake the rotors in the oven at fairly low temperature and that did the trick!! Must’ve had something on the rotors that isopropyl wasn’t cutting. Brakes feel great!

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 17:13 Quote
dirtwaves wrote:
Thanks for the advice, after reading some forums I decided to bake the rotors in the oven at fairly low temperature and that did the trick!! Must’ve had something on the rotors that isopropyl wasn’t cutting. Brakes feel great!

Excellent!

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
If rotors where contaminated then your pads as well, you need to change both to get the most stopping power. There is no way you will get 100% effectiveness after baking them in the oven. Its pointless to buy such good breaks and try to save your rotors after spilling oil on them. There is no way you can get rid of it in 100%.

Ive tried everything with my Maguras, baking, cooking, degreasing. Nothing really made them as powerful. Finally I replaced rotors and break pads and then I flipped over the bars lmao.

Also you need to be careful with bleeding and degreasing calipers after doing it. I had a problem where just a drop from the caliper destroyed my rotor.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007546
Mobile Version of Website