Where to rent DH for Whistler? - flying in without my bike.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Where to rent DH for Whistler? - flying in without my bike.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
I will find myself in Whistler for a couple days after Crankworks in mid-Aug but I cant bring my own bike. Where should I rent from? Are resort bikes hashed? Any shops to avoid?

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
Lots of options, all are good. Depending on your budget (they are all expensive) you have lots to choose from and they are generally well maintained. I'd pick the brand that I like and find out who rents them. Shops let you return the bikes for safe storage while you're in the village, so if that matters to you, maybe find one that is close to the lifts. Book soon, they book up quickly.

The only maintenance that you might want to look at, during Covid, when parts were harder to come by, I saw some bikes coming out of the shops on tires that were a bit more worn than in past years.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
biggreen96 wrote:
I will find myself in Whistler for a couple days after Crankworks in mid-Aug but I cant bring my own bike. Where should I rent from? Are resort bikes hashed? Any shops to avoid?

I was just there last week and rented from Summit sports which is about a 100 feet from the lift. They have GT Fury's and Rocky Mountain Slayers. Service was great and the bikes were mechanically sound. Though, definitely been ridden hard.

I saw a few other shops that were renting V10'S and Wilson's. But, their fleet's were smaller and all rented out sadly.

If you do go with Summit it's cheaper to book online and bikes come with downhill helmet, etc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007524
Mobile Version of Website