Formula lever on magura brakes

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Formula lever on magura brakes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
I know about shigura but wonder if the same can be done with formula brake lever? I love the look of my mt7 raceline on my dh bike but hate the constant carbo crap problems from magura. I'm going with the cura x on my trail bike and would like to have same lever feel on both bikes.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 7:05 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
I know about shigura but wonder if the same can be done with formula brake lever? I love the look of my mt7 raceline on my dh bike but hate the constant carbo crap problems from magura. I'm going with the cura x on my trail bike and would like to have same lever feel on both bikes.

If you like the feel of the Cura's and want similar power to the Maguras, I would recommend trying the Cure 4s on your DH bike. Tons of stopping power and you get the nice lever feel from the Curas

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
Watch out for sticky pistons on the cura 4 calipers! I also found that the 4 pot had a more sramy feel than the 2 pot

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
Watch out for sticky pistons on the cura 4 calipers! I also found that the 4 pot had a more sramy feel than the 2 pot

Yeah, sticky pistons are definitely something to watch out for. Keeping them clean and lubed every so often is a good thing to do for the best performance and longevity.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008488
Mobile Version of Website