Older riders, but not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Older riders, but not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 18:15 Quote
Vholdr is ok, kill the sound and dub tunes in as the mike just picks up wind noise. The laser sight is cool but make sure you don't turn the lens when you turn the thing on and off. You will have wonky pictures if you turn it. You can get good stills from it too.
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Anyone have any experience with vholdr helmet cams? They seem really nice but I dunno if it's worth the extra cash over the GoPros.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
Just a note of opinion.
I think that this thread, while sprawling at times, is far removed from a "chat" thread.
We always bring the the topical flow back to biking and related topics as they uniquely apply to an older rider.
The other stuff in between is merely social glue to keep things friendly and civil while we wait for X-rays to be developed.

And to earlier enquirers....I am on the mend. Surgery in the spring most likely.
Low carbing right now, wanna bring my weight down drastically to aid the impending physio and rehab awesomeness.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Ok. So I've lost 40 lbs oficially since May 1st. 25 more to go... ( yah me)

You're my HERO. Any advice? I've been trying to do the same, but responsibilities keep getting in the way.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:27 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:

Our "leader" says things like this:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://iwka.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/obama-punishment.jpg

That seriously makes me want to cry. How could you ever consider another living person "a mistake"? My views on the pro life/pro choice issue have changed a bit since I had two kids.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
stever wrote:
That seriously makes me want to cry. How could you ever consider another living person "a mistake"? My views on the pro life/pro choice issue have changed a bit since I had two kids.

Because everyone is entitled to make their choice. Peer/family pressure, politics, religion and suchlike all get in the way.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
stever wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:

I think this "poster" is also a fairly hyperbolic, and quotes out of the context of the original statement.

Propaganda.

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
GnarlyX wrote:
Because everyone is entitled to make their choice. Peer/family pressure, politics, religion and suchlike all get in the way.

That's political dogma at its best. It is utter BS for a lack of better words.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
shondo wrote:
stever wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:

I think this "poster" is also a fairly hyperbolic, and quotes out of the context of the original statement.

Propaganda.
It is really not that far off from his actual statement.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

Wow that's heavy, way to beat a man down for having an opinion about things.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
Juat a question, is this thread being moved to the newly created section? if so can whoever does it let us all know so we are not lost, I for one would miss all the chatter on here

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
GnarlyX wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

Wow that's heavy, way to beat a man down for having an opinion about things.

I didn't mean it that way. I think that the Charter is just a quasi-judicial piece of paper that means nothing. Canada has a separate judiciary and political institutions that are supposed to be independent. With the Charter, the judiciary becomes politicized as they make several rulings that can overturn what was written by bureaucrats and the politics realm gets judicial powers as they can make the rules. Maybe, I’m just bitter because I work with all these people…

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
One o yall should create it. I wont lock this till you say its ok and a link to the new thread is posted.

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
Juat a question, is this thread being moved to the newly created section? if so can whoever does it let us all know so we are not lost, I for one would miss all the chatter on here

All the subscribed users will still be subscribed. It's just if a newbie comes, they won't know where it was moved to.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
OK created a new thread line

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=86588

so...thats where its been moved to, can one of the mods let everyone subscribed to this thread know where it is? Is there any way of transfering subscribers over etc?

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
Technically, once the kinks are worked out, we could have just moved this thread to the Group area but whatever works...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.120188
Mobile Version of Website