Post up your Pimped 140 - 170 mm Hardcore AM/XC/Trailbikes.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Post up your Pimped 140 - 170 mm Hardcore AM/XC/Trailbikes.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 23:45 Quote
yezzir, page 1 or 2, it also comes with an epic story

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 23:47 Quote
I liked my last Trek, it took way more abuse than it should have. Of course, in the end I did twist the swingarm, and the bushings are straight shot and would have cost me 200$ in parts to replace, so the Norco frame for 500 was a decent enough buy that I had to go for it. I do miss its high BB though, nice for clearing obstacles out here. The Norco chokes on uphill obstacles, I have become the honorary king of clipping pedals.

I can't complain though, it was a 99, and had all sorts of things that shouldn't have been on it!

Edit: Beef, it might have been even more of a Frankenbike than yours. Its name was Frank for that reason.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
I like my last Trek, it took way more abuse than it should have. Of course, in the end I did twist the swingarm, and the bushings are straight shot and would have cost me 200$ in parts to replace, so the Norco frame for 500 was a decent enough buy that I had to go for it. I do miss its high BB though, nice for clearing obstacles out here. The Norco chokes on uphill obstacles, I have become the honorary king of clipping pedals.

I can't complain though, it was a 99, and had all sorts of things that shouldn't have been on it!

i had an 03( i think) fuel 90, and i broke it a coupla times. which pissed me off but they did replace it both times reasonably quick. which is more then i can say about rocky mountain(hate that company). the trek fuel was...ok. but their freeride DH bikes have been completely uninteresting to me up until now. back to AM bikes- lessee some more

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 0:00 Quote
See you boys later,got sick kids!

Mod
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
wow, someone else who knos about CalsCycle. Pretty much 0 people know about that place, yet it is the cheapest bike shop I have ever set foot in and friendly staff too.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
photo

Trance X
heavy ass rhyno lites xt hub
xt cranks
DOPE ASS wicked racin dualrailler guide
pike, thomson stem n post
shadow rear
fun as hell. 30.9 lbs.
photo

sx trail, thomson post n stem
titec hell bents
saint hubs and brakes to deemaxs
xt cranks, mrp guide
big jumps 35 lbs

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
From the discussion before, I have 180mm up front but I can ride any trail on mine. I think you should change the title.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
Hey whattheheel, I heard that wicked racing guide rubs alot in certain gears. You have any problems with yours rubbing in any gears?

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
From the discussion before, I have 180mm up front but I can ride any trail on mine. I think you should change the title.

the title only pertains to the frame's travel. A patriot is a real all-mountain bike in my books any day.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
photo

Trance X
xt cranks
shadow rear
fun as hell. 30.9 lbs.

I like these bikes.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
I too want to know how well that guide performs....

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
shondo wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
photo

Trance X
xt cranks
shadow rear
fun as hell. 30.9 lbs.

I like these bikes.
i thought that was an xc bike, but it looks like you'reusing it as a fr bike almost.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
Here is my latest AM bike:

Frame: 08 Ellsworth Moment (med)
Shock: Fox DHX Air 5.0
Fork: Fox 36 TALAS RLC
FD: Shimano XTR
RD: SRAM XO
Cranks: Shimano XTR
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Thomson Elite
Bar: Easton EA 70 riser
Shifters: SRAM XO trigger
Brakes: Hope Mono Mini w/7" rotors F/R
Hubs: Chris King isodisc
Rims: Mavid XM819
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow
Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR 2.35"

Weight: 30.95 lbs

I haven't ridden it yet, but hopefully will soon.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036194
Mobile Version of Website