Queenstown - 1 Day to Ride

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
Queenstown - 1 Day to Ride
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
Hello,

I have a single day to ride on November 24 in Queenstown. I'll be there for my honeymoon and negotiated a full day dedicated to riding.

What are your recommendations for bike rental in the area? I plan on bringing my own helmet/shoes.

And what are your recommendations for riding - due to the single day it may be easier getting a guide(?)
Are there better shops/agencies in the area?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 17:47 Quote
Only one day? That's tricky! Might depend on your preferred style and level of riding.

Rude Rock and Hot Rod at Coronet Peak are popular classics for a good reason though, my recommendation would start there.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 21:43 Quote
Queenstown bike park - no brainer. Get a DH rig and enjoy!

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
SIZ wrote:
Queenstown bike park - no brainer. Get a DH rig and enjoy!

I second this. There are minimum 5 different bike shops in the city center that hire bikes. Whether you are after an Enduro bike or DH bike, there should be something available.

Seeing as you only have one day, id spend it at the Skyline gondola. This is the main bike park in Queenstown and is 2min walk from the city center. A full day here will be plenty. On your last run, if you are feeling good and have time left with the bike, catch the gondy to the top and then continue riding up Ben Lomond as there are some good tracks up there. The gondola will cut the climb in half.

Other tracks around the area are also great but you will waste hire time travelling to get to them. Skyline bike park is best bang for buck.

Just make sure you don't wear your self out too much so you have no energy for the nighttime activities! Your new wife might be a bit annoyed! If you need to make it up to her, go for dinner at the Nest Kitchen + Bar which is located at the Kamana Lakehouse hotel. You wont regret it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009250
Mobile Version of Website