[Resolved] Metro Vancouver - Magura 8. Brake Pad Retaining Pin

PB Forum :: Canada - West
[Resolved] Metro Vancouver - Magura 8. Brake Pad Retaining Pin
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Oct 5, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
Hello,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone living around Vancouver has a retaining pin for Magura 8. brake pads (photo attached). Just bought a set of these pads and one of the pins fell off on the trail.

photo

Thanks,

FL
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
Found one at Dunbar Cycles! Great service from them! Really appreciate it. Didn't want to buy a new set of 70$ pads just for the pin after already buying 2 sets.

Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
mechatronicjf wrote:
Found one at Dunbar Cycles! Great service from them! Really appreciate it. Didn't want to buy a new set of 70$ pads just for the pin after already buying 2 sets.

I'm happy you got it sorted, but...

I'm really curious about how you didn't already have a spare pin from the original set of pads?

My thoughts: Your brake pads wore out. You bought replacement pads and they came with a new pin. You had to remove the original pin to remove the original pads. You installed the new pads with a new pin...but...What happened to that original pin?

If that's not the case then what actually happened?

Thanks

FL
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 17:37 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
mechatronicjf wrote:

I'm happy you got it sorted, but...

I'm really curious about how you didn't already have a spare pin from the original set of pads?

My thoughts: Your brake pads wore out. You bought replacement pads and they came with a new pin. You had to remove the original pin to remove the original pads. You installed the new pads with a new pin...but...What happened to that original pin?

If that's not the case then what actually happened?

Thanks

lol the original pads were the 9.

https://www.magura.com/en/components/bike/spare-tuning-parts/productdetailpage/?p=4043

they dont use pins and come with MT5/7. First time trying the 8. but they're a lot easier to pull in and out and adjust the pistons

Posted: Oct 9, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
Ah…makes sense- thx.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043632
Mobile Version of Website