Powered by Outside

Foes Mutz or Lenz Fatillac?

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Foes Mutz or Lenz Fatillac?

Author Message
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 17:43 Quote
Mornin Pinkertons-

So I'm upgrading from my 2020 Blizzard 50 to a full squish 3 season rig. Seems there's no option but to order 1 of the above from the inter-webs and then build it. Both seem like good machines, and I am leaning one way, but wanted to know if anybody out there has the final low-down. Any feedback or input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 21:24 Quote
My mutz isn't finished quite yet, so I'm not a great one to give advice one way or another. However I do have some experience dealing directly with the guys at Foes and they have been very helpful every step of the way. Them having the full Fab shop is definitely an awesome resource.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 4:39 Quote
Thanks for the reply jray. Did you ever look at the Fattilac or just go straight for the Mutz? Was leaning Mutz cuz steeper seat tube angle and higher bb. The shorter chainstays on Fattilac would be handy in the dragon-tooth rock gardens, but pay for it with chatter at speed.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
I didn't really. The mutz was available and I jumped on it as I had read a lot about it. I have head good things about both bikes. I wish I could give you more info. I just received my 150mm Wren fork for it today actually.

Posted: Dec 21, 2022 at 18:13 Quote
I’m finding the Lenz Fatillac to be a real fun ride for the type of riding I do. It is really nicely engineered and Devin does some quality workmanship. It is the only fattie I could find that has a decently short chainstay…if that is important to you.
That being said, the geometry is distinctly old school, which was the real draw or me. Long, low and slack are exactly what I don’t need to monster truck through the Northeast.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006912
Mobile Version of Website