TRP DH-R EVO brakes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
TRP DH-R EVO brakes
Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 8:02 Quote
Alloypenguin wrote:
Its the pale blue Resin pads I'm using. Maybe just a bad batch.......
yeah, I'll hang on to them a bit longer and see how it goes. Could just be the cold (icy) damp conditions...

Definitely not the conditions. Something is wrong. Send TRP an email; their customer support was very helpful when I last contacted them.

Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 5:37 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Alloypenguin wrote:
Its the pale blue Resin pads I'm using. Maybe just a bad batch.......
yeah, I'll hang on to them a bit longer and see how it goes. Could just be the cold (icy) damp conditions...

Definitely not the conditions. Something is wrong. Send TRP an email; their customer support was very helpful when I last contacted them.

Yeah, I'll give them a shout. See what happens.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 19:10 Quote
Reviving this thread from the dead…. Any other hardcore shimano fans here make the switch to these and liking it? I have a pair in hand but am getting second thoughts after hearing they were more like a SRAM than a Saint (which I’m used to)…. I’m more used to modern XTs, which means I’ve been struggling with some variability.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 19:21 Quote
Cantle406 wrote:
Reviving this thread from the dead…. Any other hardcore shimano fans here make the switch to these and liking it? I have a pair in hand but am getting second thoughts after hearing they were more like a SRAM than a Saint (which I’m used to)…. I’m more used to modern XTs, which means I’ve been struggling with some variability.

Ive had a pair of nearly every set of "dh" brake. My dhr evo with 220 200 sram HS2 and shimano metal pads have been my strongest and most reliable.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 23:35 Quote
Just got mine setup brought 2nd hand put new pads in but haven't had time to bed them in yet will see if they are better than the xt's fingers crossed.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 8:18 Quote
senorbanana wrote:
Cantle406 wrote:

Ive had a pair of nearly every set of "dh" brake. My dhr evo with 220 200 sram HS2 and shimano metal pads have been my strongest and most reliable.

Did you prefer SRAM/Shimano prior? Just curious….

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
I love shimano, don't like the occasional bite point issues. I also enjoyed code rscs but felt they lacked a little power with 220, 200.

I feel the DHR evo is great that it has the same amazing lever pull and consistency as RSC but power of saints.

Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 8:01 Quote
Cantle406 wrote:

I eventually had to spend £120.00 to get my brakes working well and without the most godsawful howling. I replaced the rotors for Aztecs (all the shop had) and the pads with Shimano. Brakes are actually pretty good now. If I were to choose again, I'd go for Saints but these will do.

Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 20:29 Quote
what have people done to not get leaking bleed port screws?

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 22:31 Quote
EvolutionMTBer wrote:
what have people done to not get leaking bleed port screws?
Is this a common issue? Never happened with my 3 sets

Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 0:25 Quote
i've had 4 sets between several bikes and all have leaked from the bleed screw on caliper.(except 1 caliper)

Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 18:27 Quote
EvolutionMTBer wrote:
i've had 4 sets between several bikes and all have leaked from the bleed screw on caliper.(except 1 caliper)
May be wrap a bit of PTFE tape around the screw can get the tape at any bunnings or plumbing surpply

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 19:54 Quote
EvolutionMTBer wrote:

Did you get in touch with TRP to see what they said?

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 22:58 Quote
So I bought some new TRP DHR EVO's and 2 203 rotors.... for the life of me i cant get them to stop rubbing... Theyll appear fine for 2mins but then rub again.. whats going on???

They feel amazing but the rubbing is stressful

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 20:40 Quote
NZracer91 wrote:
So I bought some new TRP DHR EVO's and 2 203 rotors.... for the life of me i cant get them to stop rubbing... Theyll appear fine for 2mins but then rub again.. whats going on???

They feel amazing but the rubbing is stressful

Front and rear or just one wheel? What adapters are you running?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016478
Mobile Version of Website