TRP DH-R EVO brakes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
TRP DH-R EVO brakes
Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 21:26 Quote
shimano adapters, 23mm, both.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 23:18 Quote
Prob got a lazy piston or piston rates are not the same or got a bubble behind some pistons. Work the pistons out and do a gravity bleed as well.

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 23:26 Quote
senorbanana wrote:
Prob got a lazy piston or piston rates are not the same or got a bubble behind some pistons. Work the pistons out and do a gravity bleed as well.

Will do some piston work and try that bleed.

On a side note, what pads are everyone using? love the feel of the brakes overal but wouldn't mind more initial grab, they are smooth and powerful and ive just about folded the front a few times from the power coming on so strong in the mid range.

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 21:50 Quote
I wouldnt mind knowing what pads are the pick at the moment, i agree with the above comment, my brakes have a soft initial hit then the power comes on.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 10:03 Quote
Still have rubbing issues, the pistons evenly set themselves(advance) but after the first trail or two it pushes one side out and the other side IN. (i have lubed/cleaned the pistons, worked them etc)
The photo shows straight after a ride, one side has now pushed out and stayed against the disc which makes the lever feel garbage
these brakes are super frustrating, 2nd set and still doing it!!!!

photo

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 8:09 Quote
The syringe from my TRP bleed kit does not seal on the caliper. 1/16th of a turn too tight and it smashes the o ring, too loose and it doesn’t seal. Only one time I got it just right and didn’t have oil leak from the bleed port UNTIL the very end when I was wrapping up and it started leaking everywhere.

I had code RSC on multiple bikes for about 5 years and got to the point where I could rebuild and bleed them in less than an hour.

For the life of me, I cannot get a good bleed on these DHR EVOs.

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 11:36 Quote
Yep - I've given up for now, bought some of those new tech4 v4 hopes.

Will keep them and make open them and check the seals etc, will also let me do a complete from empty bleed while IMO is easier than trying to get a stubborn bubble out usally(based on other brakes)

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 13:37 Quote
I have a set of these, yet to be bled… but I had heard they were easy to bleed given the port… seems like the the little barb on the shimano system is a better design you can do an easy gravity bleed with no syringe.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 19:15 Quote
I just do gravity bleeds using the trp cup. Works great and easy

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 21:32 Quote
senorbanana wrote:

As in you put the cup on the caliper? I’m getting ready to do these this weekend, and have never used the syringe method for shimano, just a hose/baggy off the caliper, gravity bleed, then zip tie the level closed overnight with the cup at the lever and in the morning it’s hard as a rock.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 21:50 Quote
Cantle406 wrote:
senorbanana wrote:

As in you put the cup on the caliper? I’m getting ready to do these this weekend, and have never used the syringe method for shimano, just a hose/baggy off the caliper, gravity bleed, then zip tie the level closed overnight with the cup at the lever and in the morning it’s hard as a rock.

no no I put the cup in the lever. I remove the bleed screw at the caliper.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 21:51 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWBVDh1pTE just like this

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 5:14 Quote
senorbanana wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWBVDh1pTE just like this

Thanks for sharing that. Will use that process next time I bleed.

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 15:54 Quote
NZracer91 wrote:
Still have rubbing issues, the pistons evenly set themselves(advance) but after the first trail or two it pushes one side out and the other side IN. (i have lubed/cleaned the pistons, worked them etc)
The photo shows straight after a ride, one side has now pushed out and stayed against the disc which makes the lever feel garbage
these brakes are super frustrating, 2nd set and still doing it!!!!

photo

You could try the sheet of paper trick to recentre/slightly offset.

Just use the paper on the side that rubs to offset slightly and hopefully resolve the rubbing problem.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 17:38 Quote
If the pistons advance at different rates after riding. There may be bubbles behind the piston and need a good bleed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038144
Mobile Version of Website