TRP DH-R EVO brakes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
TRP DH-R EVO brakes
Posted: Sep 11, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
NZracer91 wrote:
Still have rubbing issues, the pistons evenly set themselves(advance) but after the first trail or two it pushes one side out and the other side IN. (i have lubed/cleaned the pistons, worked them etc)
The photo shows straight after a ride, one side has now pushed out and stayed against the disc which makes the lever feel garbage
these brakes are super frustrating, 2nd set and still doing it!!!!

photo

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy.

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2024 at 11:08 Quote
SkinnieAF wrote:
NZracer91 wrote:
Still have rubbing issues, the pistons evenly set themselves(advance) but after the first trail or two it pushes one side out and the other side IN. (i have lubed/cleaned the pistons, worked them etc)
The photo shows straight after a ride, one side has now pushed out and stayed against the disc which makes the lever feel garbage
these brakes are super frustrating, 2nd set and still doing it!!!!

photo

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy.

photo

same problem with mine and a buddy's DHR evos. i've tried new bleed and doing the piston advance technique that TRP put on their youtube channel and it still does the same thing. i've just learned to live with uneven pad wear, doesn't seem to affect the performance too much

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 12:10 Quote
Normally I dont have much issue figuring out brake stuff but i was setting up these new brakes by working the pistons, Trail EVO's with the same caliper as the DH-R's
I've had DH-R's in the past i cant ever remember the pistons doing this??
looks like 3 of the 4 are doing this with this one being the worst?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015490
Mobile Version of Website