Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2023 at 20:28 Quote
Bchoate67 wrote:
I recently purchased a used 2022 X2 that ended up being really harsh. There was next to zero compression adjustment. I called FOX to inquire their recommendation. They said to send it in for a warranty request and they'll replace it with a new 2024. I went on their website and completed their service request form and marked it as a warranty request. Within a day I received an email back with the instructions on where to ship. In less than two weeks from my initial phone call, I had a brand new 2024 at my door.

I'd say FOX is definitely doing what it takes to correct the issue.

Sounds like I need to put my unused 2021 model back on the bike and ride it until it gives up again just so I can have it replaced...

Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 11:25 Quote
gnarlysipes wrote:
What’s the difference between the X2 and the DPX2? I have the latter but my issues sound just like the X2 issues. I don’t want to send this in for warranty just for them to tell me I’m SOL.

The DPX2 is not covered by the campaign. A regular 150 hour service will fix your issue.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2023 at 12:52 Quote
SPSuspension wrote:
gnarlysipes wrote:
What’s the difference between the X2 and the DPX2? I have the latter but my issues sound just like the X2 issues. I don’t want to send this in for warranty just for them to tell me I’m SOL.

The DPX2 is not covered by the campaign. A regular 150 hour service will fix your issue.

Fox told me it wasn’t covered but asked for more details so I’m hoping they might help but not counting on it. I had a full rebuild done by a local suspension tuner recommended by the LBS. After less than 20 hrs the noise and cavitation is back.

Posted: Aug 28, 2023 at 11:04 Quote
Some warranty replacement MY2024 X2's are showing up for sale here and there.
I tried to run the S/N on one thru the S/N lookup on Fox's website and it came up as restricted. I tried another with the same result.
Finally I reached out to Fox Service to inquire about warranty coverage on these warranty replacement units and was told that the standard Fox warranty of '1 yr from the date of delivery to the original owner' applies.
In other words, the lax warranty criteria which has been dubbed as 'Fox Float X2 campaign' will no longer apply to true MY2024 Float X2 shocks!
So if you are buying one on the 2ndary market, be aware that there will be no warranty coverage.

Posted: Aug 28, 2023 at 13:19 Quote
16rally wrote:
I tried to run the S/N on one thru the S/N lookup on Fox's website and it came up as restricted. I tried another with the same result.
Finally I reached out to Fox Service to inquire about warranty coverage on these warranty replacement units and was told that the standard Fox warranty of '1 yr from the date of delivery to the original owner' applies.
In other words, the lax warranty criteria which has been dubbed as 'Fox Float X2 campaign' will no longer apply to true MY2024 Float X2 shocks!
So if you are buying one on the 2ndary market, be aware that there will be no warranty coverage.

The reason for that is the issues being resolved with the 21-23 model year X2 has been fixed, so there is no longer a need to provide anything more than the standard warranty. Now, not speaking for Fox, but if there were to be issues with the new X2 I would guess that they would take care of it.
As far as a shock that is resold by a private seller (not a dealer) not having a warranty- it's for the original owner and always has been that way.

Posted: Aug 28, 2023 at 17:43 Quote
SPSuspension wrote:
16rally wrote:

The reason for that is the issues being resolved with the 21-23 model year X2 has been fixed, so there is no longer a need to provide anything more than the standard warranty. Now, not speaking for Fox, but if there were to be issues with the new X2 I would guess that they would take care of it.
As far as a shock that is resold by a private seller (not a dealer) not having a warranty- it's for the original owner and always has been that way.
Correct, however there has been reports of non-original purchasers receiving warranty support on 21~23 X2's, and I just wanted to point out that jumping on that gravy train appears to have come to an end with the appearance of MY24 units.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 9:12 Quote
boozed wrote:
Bchoate67 wrote:
I recently purchased a used 2022 X2 that ended up being really harsh. There was next to zero compression adjustment. I called FOX to inquire their recommendation. They said to send it in for a warranty request and they'll replace it with a new 2024. I went on their website and completed their service request form and marked it as a warranty request. Within a day I received an email back with the instructions on where to ship. In less than two weeks from my initial phone call, I had a brand new 2024 at my door.

I'd say FOX is definitely doing what it takes to correct the issue.

Sounds like I need to put my unused 2021 model back on the bike and ride it until it gives up again just so I can have it replaced...

this is basically what I'm doing....I got some time with it at Whistler (just 1 run though-but Whistler was in ROUGH shape, brake bumps galore) and she still kickin. my other rig has a MY24, but is suffering some really bad creaky headset issues so I guess I'm running the MY23 bike until I get the headset issue solved

Posted: Sep 5, 2023 at 21:00 Quote
Without having to read through 11 pages, are the 2024 "updated" repairs resolving the issues, or is this just a goodwill bandaid?

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 7:50 Quote
Subversion-Garage wrote:
Without having to read through 11 pages, are the 2024 "updated" repairs resolving the issues, or is this just a goodwill bandaid?

I believe it is legit. My experience was great. It's a pretty big overhaul and they are confident enough to be replacing old ones, no questions asked

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 10:18 Quote
Has anyone sent in a DHX2 for a warranty yet? My damper body is loose, curious as to whether it has similar issues to the X2. It's going in to Fox for warranty either way.

Pretty ridiculous that a 2 month old shock had the same issue as my 4 year old DVO that was last rebuilt in my bedroom.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 14:12 Quote
the lbs I got my bike from told me I had an MY24...pulled the serial and put put it in the fox I'd thing and apparently its a "2023_22"

so basically not an updated unit....will abuse some more and send it out this winter for a rebuild and see what happens

so far it's been running pretty well without any issues....so who knows

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 15:12 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
the lbs I got my bike from told me I had an MY24...pulled the serial and put put it in the fox I'd thing and apparently its a "2023_22"
Does anyone know what the exactly "2023_22" signify?
Is 2023 the model or manufacture year? And what is the meaning of _22?

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 16:46 Quote
I sent a 10-month performance X2 on my Banshee Rune frame and received a Factory 2024 back within 5 business days, no questions asked.

The only thing I have noticed is the Kashima is a little more silver than a 2021 X2.

Haven't rode it, fingers crossed it will be trouble-free.

Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 8:14 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:

so basically not an updated unit....will abuse some more and send it out this winter for a rebuild and see what happens

Trunnion? If it's a trunnion they moved the bleed screw somewhere other than the center of the top. Easy to tell that way.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 10:45 Quote
CobyCobie wrote:
blamalamadingdong wrote:

Trunnion? If it's a trunnion they moved the bleed screw somewhere other than the center of the top. Easy to tell that way.

ibis ripmo. not a trunnion

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019219
Mobile Version of Website