Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2023 at 8:36 Quote
i didn't realize how squelchy mine was either until i sent it in for service. when i got it back, it was super silent. almost unbelievably silent.

wont be able to ride the mtb for another month while the trails dry here. but looking forward to putting it through its paces soon enough.

Posted: Apr 12, 2023 at 11:56 Quote
Question I have 2 performance x2’s. I sent one back October 2022 and the second last week. How can you tell if they been updated? The first one I sent back I’m running now and it’s been running good for the first 200 miles. The second I only used for 10 miles before it went bad lol but still waiting for fox to send back under warranty.

Posted: Apr 12, 2023 at 12:05 Quote
rickyr00ster wrote:
Question I have 2 performance x2’s. I sent one back October 2022 and the second last week. How can you tell if they been updated? The first one I sent back I’m running now and it’s been running good for the first 200 miles. The second I only used for 10 miles before it went bad lol but still waiting for fox to send back under warranty.

The new and improved version just came out a couple weeks ago. Once your shock needs service, get it to Fox and they will get you the update. I just sent in two for our customers and had new ones in hand 2 weeks later.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2023 at 12:46 Quote
rickyr00ster wrote:

they should have sent you paperwork with everything done.

mine got "upgraded" with a couple new pieces (trunnion and main shaft), and those were line items on the service sheet.

Posted: Apr 12, 2023 at 16:13 Quote
Wow I’d be happy with a free upgrade. Thanks for the information can’t wait to check it out.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2023 at 18:01 Quote
SPSuspension wrote:
rickyr00ster wrote:

The new and improved version just came out a couple weeks ago. Once your shock needs service, get it to Fox and they will get you the update. I just sent in two for our customers and had new ones in hand 2 weeks later.

I sent mine in. Super fast turnaround and new shock in hand all in about 1 week

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 10:24 Quote
Just sent mine in for warranty. They sent me a Factory 2024 x2. Pumped to hopefully not deal with these BS issues.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 10:33 Quote
local single track has finally dried up so ill be getting out this week and put some more time on my shock. time to see how well it holds up.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 12:27 Quote
AndrewMaschmann wrote:
Just sent mine in for warranty. They sent me a Factory 2024 x2. Pumped to hopefully not deal with these BS issues.

Just raced an enduro on the 2024 and I have to say I have never had a bike feel more dialed. I don't feel the need to fiddle with any clickers at this point and that's rare (only took me a few rides to find the setup i like and I'm good with it now)

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 16:02 Quote
AndrewMaschmann wrote:

Was yours a factory? I sent my performance x2 and same deal getting a new one sent back.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2023 at 7:35 Quote
rickyr00ster wrote:
AndrewMaschmann wrote:

Was yours a factory? I sent my performance x2 and same deal getting a new one sent back.

Yes. I sent in a factory version, though.

Posted: May 3, 2023 at 7:43 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
rickyr00ster wrote:
AndrewMaschmann wrote:

Yes. I sent in a factory version, though.

Aw man was hoping for a free factory upgrade.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 12:40 Quote
I sent in a performance and got a factory back Smile

O+
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 19:26 Quote
Sent in mt 2021 FACTORY X2 and 2 days later a 2024 is in the mail..

Now- any tuning tips? I have a Ripmo V2 with cascade link. 32% progressive.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 20:58 Quote
bjtj737 wrote:
Sent in mt 2021 FACTORY X2 and 2 days later a 2024 is in the mail..

Now- any tuning tips? I have a Ripmo V2 with cascade link. 32% progressive.

wow

that is fast.....i was wondering about the tuning.....i had my 2021 X2 custom tuned when i sent it in over the winter break. i assume theyll send a aplain off the shelf unit back to me....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010623
Mobile Version of Website