Any SCOR riders here?

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Any SCOR riders here?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 5:34 Quote
Hey guys (and gals),

first post, looking for more SCOR riders here Smile

"Just" (well, basically November 2022) bought myself an early X-Mas present being a Scor 4060 LT... I my eyes the sexiest Enduro out there right now. Whenever I am out, people comment it... So, any others here to share with? Wink

photo
photo
photo

I've done some minor changes to my preferences...

- Raceface Atlas 35 handle bar and stem
- Raceface Gettagrip grips
- Raceface Atlas pedals
- SRAM Matchmaker on both sides
- Upgraded to SRAM RSC Brakes (my prefered brake)
- Saddle replaced with an ERGON Enduro style one
- Most screws replaced with titanium screws with gold anodisation
- Rockshox mudguard at front (dinky)

Otherwise I'm happy... Been on some trails with it and it performs a lot better than my Scott Spark 970. Kind of like day and night. All of a sudden jumps and co seem less worrying Wink

Ride on

- Damien

Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 14:46 Quote
I just built mine up. Frame is the "Midnight Disco" color. Looks much more eye catching in person.

photo

Zeb Ultimate fork, Shimano XT Drivetrain, Code RSC Brakes.

It's been good so far. I only got to ride it twice before we got another 4+ inches of snow dumped on us. Mad

Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 9:07 Quote
Nice mate! I was considering the Midnight colour, but really wanted the slate I got in the end...

Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 10:15 Quote
european wrote:
Nice mate! I was considering the Midnight colour, but really wanted the slate I got in the end...

It was a tough decision for me. I originally really wanted the purple color they made. It looks amazing in pictures and the guy at the shop I ordered from said it's great in person too. But they stopped making it for 2023.

There aren't a ton of good pics of the midnight disco color out there, so it was a bit of a gamble. I'm very happy with it though.

The slate grey is a cool one. The glossy grey limited edition version they made with the ohlins suspension looks amazing too.

Posted: Mar 3, 2023 at 1:11 Quote
The Öhlins is most sexiest... Would have loed that, but at the time of buying, availability was basically zilch.

I've just found out, that their customer support is kind of shoddy. I want to upgrade my groupset etc. to a better version (the NX is okay but I want 1x12 rather than 1x11) and need to change the freewheel. SCOR won't say who made the hub. It isn't DT Swiss, as is sometimes said. Some own OEM. So that means taking it apart and seeing what I can find and what might fit.. Grrr... Wink

Posted: Mar 16, 2023 at 12:29 Quote
What do people that have bought these think of the sizing? I am 5'11" (~180cm) and I am a bit wary of the long reach. Other than that, they seem perfect on paper. Will be one of those bikes that I'll never be able to swing a leg over before buying.

Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 20:39 Quote
rusty904 wrote:
What do people that have bought these think of the sizing? I am 5'11" (~180cm) and I am a bit wary of the long reach. Other than that, they seem perfect on paper. Will be one of those bikes that I'll never be able to swing a leg over before buying.

I'm 5'10" with slightly long legs proportionally and I went with a size large. It's definitely pushing it a little in terms of reach tbh. I rode a size medium Pivot Firebird last summer which has a 475 reach and that felt really good and wanted something closer to that, so the size medium SCOR was just too small. Still love it though and think the size large was the right choice. I got used to it fairly quickly and don't notice it most of the time. Because of the steep seat tube I don't notice it at all when sitting.

I feel like I'm always in between sizes at 5'10"!

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 4:29 Quote
rusty904 wrote:

Sorry for the long delay...

I too had to buy it blind and was a bit weiry of the sizing. I was recommended an L by Scor's chart (also about 182 cm tall) and that was bang on right.

Btw., always consider the best way to clean a bike when buying! I used my 4060 LT in a bike park a few weeks ago. It was muddy so it got dirty, but dang, the amount of parts I had to remove to get it somewhat how clean was amazing... But at the same time, the fun and precision this bike makes and provides is amazing!

photo

FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2023 at 8:51 Quote
Hi y'all, did any of you experience rear tire clearance issues with the Scor 4060?

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 9:11 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=235721

If you want a slightly (although not recently) more active thread.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.113495
Mobile Version of Website