What breaks and handlebars?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What breaks and handlebars?
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
dg85 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
dg85 wrote:

its the best brake out there. im using k24's and they are superb but had a go ont the one and they have the amazing modulation of the k24's but the power of codes. plus they look seriously nice.

Codes don't have that much power.

they do when set-up right. they are more powerful than juicy 7's and those are the formulas real competition although both are made by the same people.

Barely. Even Avid says that it's not much. I think they say something like 10-12%. I don't remember exactly. It's not worth a single gram over Juicies. Codes were a big letdown for me.

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 11:27 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
If you face the mount, grease all of the hardware, and grease the back of the pads they won't make a sound.

What type of grease do you recommend and what method should be used if the mount needs to be faced?

..thnx in advance for even reading this blast from the past thread Wink

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
dg85 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Codes don't have that much power.

they do when set-up right. they are more powerful than juicy 7's and those are the formulas real competition although both are made by the same people.

Barely. Even Avid says that it's not much. I think they say something like 10-12%. I don't remember exactly. It's not worth a single gram over Juicies. Codes were a big letdown for me.

Codes or Code 5s are great brakes! i've been running my Code 5 for a year with no problems and i love them... also organic pads feel way better in those... just want to get Juicy Ultimate levers for them... and the main difference between juicy and code would be less heat on codes which means less fading... and supposedly better modulation...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018318
Mobile Version of Website