Is anyone running their Sight with rear travel at 157mm with coil conversion and a cascade link?

PB Forum :: Norco
Is anyone running their Sight with rear travel at 157mm with coil conversion and a cascade link?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2023 at 9:21 Quote
How does it feel and what is your setup? Bonus if you also have 170mm up front. Thanks all,

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2023 at 12:19 Quote
thespider wrote:
How does it feel and what is your setup? Bonus if you also have 170mm up front. Thanks all,

I personally didnt try the CC link but i've done alot of asking etc myself and everyone said it was awesome... sold that bike before the links came back in stock

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 21:01 Quote
I went to 157 w/coil in mine and bumped the fork to 170 and I really like it. I ended up using a sprindex coil as it’s adjustable and progressive so didn’t feel the need to change to the cascade link. I don’t feel any harsh bottom out with this setup, and I did sometimes with the air shock…
With the coil the bike instantly felt more capable in the gnar and big hits and drops were smoother. The rear end just calms down and has more traction.
The stack is higher and the HTA went from 64 to 63.5. It still climbs really well but it took a bit of getting used to in those really hard to clean sections on the climbs.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 7:41 Quote
Nice, thanks dzayac - that is good info. I've ordered a coil shock for it, and I'm glad to hear your review, that's exactly what the bike needs. I was going through the travel waaay fast in the stock setup, and I can't get the shock to feel right when it's all jammed full of volume spacers. I've always found a coil shock on a trail bike to feel a bit, I dunno, mooshy - which is why I was considering Cascade link. Thing is pricey though.

I imagine the HTA change for you is mostly form the 170mm swap up front, or did you find that the coil shock sits deeper into the sag, which I guess would also contribute. ?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 12:00 Quote
Yeah these changes have definitely made the bike better for the trails I ride. Doesn’t feel mooshy to my, but air vs coil is certainly a personal thing, but I think on this particular bike it’s awesome.
No the HTA change is just from the longer travel fork…

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009259
Mobile Version of Website