Sram Juicy sevens

PB Forum :: SRAM
Sram Juicy sevens
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 13:50 Quote
I bought some juicy sevens recently and I find the front is good but my rear just seems spongy,kinda mushy and not as crisp and reponsive as my front.I had a stainless line put on the rear,Is it just a bad bleed? Any ideas?

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 15:29 Quote
Maybe switch to some new pads or bleed the lines.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 20:30 Quote
removed by Camazar

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 20:38 Quote
sell them and ge code fives(same as codes but without the pad adjusyt feature)

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:18 Quote
Maybe they have to seat in,they are brand new pads etc.?????

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:23 Quote
Bad bleed. Make sure the caliper is bled well. Avids use a three part bleed process. Avid is bad about bleeding their calipers especially. BTW: Anyone that says Avid is high maintenance and Hayes is not is clueless.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 13:37 Quote
Removed By Camazar

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 2:59 Quote
My buddy swears by them, I tried his and I liked the feel.I've had them into to shop twice now and they are still kinda mushy feeling WTF?

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 7:35 Quote
Removed by Camazar

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 7:38 Quote
camazar wrote:
camazar wrote:
Sell them GET some Hayes there way more relieable juicys are great BUT you have to work on them WAY to much And the pads never wear even Had juicy 7s sold them My hayes h9s work just as good if not better and I never EVER have to Mess with them

Need I say any thing Else They have a lot of problems with them Just like I said seen lots just DONT work and Bleed Replace parts Just NOT relieable Not like the Hayes And that ALL models except for the sole and Elcrapeno the rest are bulit proof If you KNOW anything about sevise or have a brain in your head???

I've worked on my fair share of brakes since discs were invented. You are the only person I have ever heard make this claim.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 7:46 Quote
Removed by camazar

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 8:33 Quote
Selling them after 4 rides, getting the 08 Codes

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 8:47 Quote
wow, camazar. that is the first time i've heard anyone say to switch from avids to hayesEek i have had the same juicys for about two years now, been bled once and they are great! They feel better than ANY Hayes i have ever felt.All my friends with hayes are constantly having problems and all my friends with avids are never having problems
AVIDs>Whip Hayes being whipped but that just my opinion

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 9:10 Quote
I have had my Juicy 7's for over 3 years now. They are awesome brakes when they are working.. but I had to mess with my rear brake from day 1. The front break I have never touched accept when I had Goodrich lines installed. They are due for a bleed, but I'm hesitant to fix what ain't broke.

Depending on where you service your bike, don't assume that because you brought it in that it has been bled properly. There are good tech's; and there are bad tech's. I cringe when i have to hand my bike over to a shop that i don't know.

I find the trickiest part of bleeding the 7 is making sure you get any bubbles out of the master cylinder reservoir. It is not enough to just push fluid through and assume all the air has been pushed out.. that reservoir will hold bubbles. I think that was my problem with the rear brake all along... no matter who bled it. If the tiniest bubble gets left in there, it can migrate into your line/caliper when you hang your bike on a chair, stuff it in back of the car, on the wall, rest it upside down, or even just bouncing down the trail.... once that bubble gets into the line.. you're screwed and have to pump-pump-pump to get your brake back, and nobody should have to ride like that... When i first had problems with the brake, I did replace the stock master cylinder pressure gasket, which appeared to have the tiniest slice in it.. not sure if that was a problem or not..

Paying close attention to a good bleed (particularly at the reservoir) has taken care of the problem for me.

I also have juicy 5's on my trail bike and notice the same thing... when i take it of the wall, there is no front brake until i pump the lever a few times.. it is a brand new bike. Not an issue when i'm trail riding though.. but for DH it is a big issue.

Anyways.. that's my bubble/reservoir theory and experience. They work awesome, but I have not found them to be the maintenance free miracles that others report them to be... although they're pretty dialed now.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024087
Mobile Version of Website