2024 Trek Slash

PB Forum :: Trek
2024 Trek Slash
Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 11:27 Quote
Update for those interested, mine initially never dropped a chain for a a couple of months. Until it it did, then it didn’t stop. Multiple drops every lap. Trek supplied me an xx 32t chain ring and chain( from gx 30 originally) . Slight improvement but not good. In the end I got rid of the transmission in favor of x0 mechanical and swapped the useless MRP lower guide for e13. Zero chain dropping since. I’m convinced the main issue is that lower guide. My local shop also 3d printed a chain retention mod for the mrp that also stops the issue.

Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 11:49 Quote
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:
Update for those interested, mine initially never dropped a chain for a a couple of months. Until it it did, then it didn’t stop. Multiple drops every lap. Trek supplied me an xx 32t chain ring and chain( from gx 30 originally) . Slight improvement but not good. In the end I got rid of the transmission in favor of x0 mechanical and swapped the useless MRP lower guide for e13. Zero chain dropping since. I’m convinced the main issue is that lower guide. My local shop also 3d printed a chain retention mod for the mrp that also stops the issue.

Which E13 Lower guide did you swap out for the stock MRP?

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 11:51 Quote
Interesting… do you know more about the 3D printed chain retention mod? Name of shop?

Also, what about the e-13 guide is better than the mrp? Only asking because I’m curious if the fix was non transmission drive train vs lower guide…

Thanks for the update.

Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 12:54 Quote
It’s the e13 lg1 plus lower only guide. What was better about it is the fact it actually kept the chain on! My chain was constantly falling off the lower mrp roller despite following the setup advice millimeter perfect. All changing the spacing to the recommended 7mm achieved was the chain would come off the inside rather than outside. I did run the e13 with transmission without any obvious issues but the bike just didn’t seem to get along with the gx transmission I was running. I did get sent a xx transmission mech to try but chose not to use it. If I can figure out how to post a photo I can show the mrp mod. It isn’t my design so I don’t take any credit but it definitely works.
Now I’ve got everything working as it should, the bike is a weapon and so much fun to ride, as it should be.

Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 13:00 Quote
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:
It’s the e13 lg1 plus lower only guide. What was better about it is the fact it actually kept the chain on! My chain was constantly falling off the lower mrp roller despite following the setup advice millimeter perfect. All changing the spacing to the recommended 7mm achieved was the chain would come off the inside rather than outside. I did run the e13 with transmission without any obvious issues but the bike just didn’t seem to get along with the gx transmission I was running. I did get sent a xx transmission mech to try but chose not to use it. If I can figure out how to post a photo I can show the mrp mod. It isn’t my design so I don’t take any credit but it definitely works.
Now I’ve got everything working as it should, the bike is a weapon and so much fun to ride, as it should be.

The E13 LG1 was the first one that came to mind when you mentioned you swapped out the MRP.

If it's doable a picture of the mod would be sweet

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 13:06 Quote
Interesting, at a glance the mrp looks very similar to the e-13...

Do you think the shop would be okay sharing their printing info, so we could print up the mrp mod?

Thanks again.

Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 17:33 Quote
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:

I've been wondering if transmission was just a bad fit for this suspension design. My XT 9.8 is going on 490 miles with no drops, but one seized lower idler bearing.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 9:16 Quote
I just ordered a slash 9 2024 medium. The description says the 27.5 comes with a Zeb select+ and mullet/29 come with a Zeb RC. The shop has never placed an order for a 9, this is the first and they think it's typo. The bike should come with a Zeb select+. Can anyone confirm which fork it comes with?

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/slash/slash-9-gx-axs-t-type-gen-6/p/41669/

Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 9:24 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
I just ordered a slash 9 2024 medium. The description says the 27.5 comes with a Zeb select+ and mullet/29 come with a Zeb RC. The shop has never placed an order for a 9, this is the first and they think it's typo. The bike should come with a Zeb select+. Can anyone confirm which fork it comes with?

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/slash/slash-9-gx-axs-t-type-gen-6/p/41669/

Zeb Select+ came in on mine. Unless it's changed.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 9:41 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Zeb Select+ came in on mine. Unless it's changed.

Thank you! I guess it's a typo on the website.

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 3:07 Quote
Hi, I'm from Austria and i got my Slash 9 with a Zeb RC. Kinda sucks that they just not put the same stuff on every Bike.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 11:04 Quote
Pich95 wrote:
Hi, I'm from Austria and i got my Slash 9 with a Zeb RC. Kinda sucks that they just not put the same stuff on every Bike.

Damn. Oh well I guess I'll just upgrade the damper. Really doesn't make sense that a small gets a select + and all other sizes get the RC damper.

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 11:11 Quote
My 9.8 XT came with a Zeb Select+

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 17:37 Quote
So for those of you with the select RC, how do you find the performance? I'm coming from an ohlins 36 EVO and a boxxer ultimate. Slightly worried about the Zeb for long park days

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 19:42 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
So for those of you with the select RC, how do you find the performance? I'm coming from an ohlins 36 EVO and a boxxer ultimate. Slightly worried about the Zeb for long park days

I don't know about the Ohlins 36 but the Zeb is not a boxxer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011785
Mobile Version of Website