Sram Xg1275 GX 12S cassette broken 5th gear tooth

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Sram Xg1275 GX 12S cassette broken 5th gear tooth
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 16:47 Quote
photo
Hi guys
I am the only one that have this hapoen on his sram xg 1275 cassette? I just realise when the derailler was skipping betwen the 4-5-6 gear that one tooth were gone, so i un bend it. And it now working well, but i want to sell the bike and i dont want to sell a bike with this
The bike company told me that they can contact SRAM for warranty assessment but they will most likely deny this as a warranty claim.

He said that for a cassette they do view this as a wearing part that is susceptible to damage whilst out on the trail.

Is he right? I don't want to ship my cassette to them if i know that they will do nothing
Here is a picture
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/24374619/

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 17:18 Quote
If you explicitly mention that you bent the tooth back (resulting in it breaking away), it's almost certain that the warranty claim will be denied.

Having said that, because a cassette is technically a "consumable", it's arguable whether it ever truly qualified as a legit claim.

I suspect the claim won't be validated...

Good on you for being mindful of selling the bike with a damaged cassette though--that's a righteous move on your part.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 17:52 Quote
The tooth was already break
I just un bend it to make straight and not touch the other gear

Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 8:42 Quote
Oh, my mistake. I misread your initial post. Still tricky to say for sure. I imagine SRAM could go either way on this.

I can however confidently say that I've had great experiences with SRAM's warranty. Would be worth trying to see if you can submit a photo. I'm sure this won't be the first time they've received a request like this.

Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 14:54 Quote
I just received my warrantied cassette.
So Sram did replaced them with a brand new one within 1 day when it arrived at their office
10/10 for their customers support

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.148225
Mobile Version of Website