Commencal TEMPO

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal TEMPO
Posted: Apr 26, 2024 at 3:53 Quote
MTBoiler wrote:
Nopantsdougie wrote:
MTBoiler wrote:

Sorry for my being superficial , I was only thinking about if it's compatible with 210x55 shocks, I don't understand what is the curve on the shock and what is the 2.425, I'm so into mountain bikes but I'm still a beginner
Technically yes a 210x55 shock will work, the leverage curve from suspension is not a straight number like.

the bike has 125mm of travel with a 50mm stroke
125/50=2.5 leverage average

bike has 125 only 12mm more it doesn't hit anything with a 55 it just doesn't make for an ideal leverage curve

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-2023-commencal-tempo-ltd.html

look at the picture of the second graph on here. see at the end how it the line turns around and start heading back. You dont really want more of that.

The bike is progressive most of the travel it starts at around 2.55 and goes down to about 2.35

The bike is not ment for a 55 shock because right near 120mm of travel the links start to flatten out and the linkage goes regressive. and you will go through that last 5mm of shock stoke pretty easily.

People have put 210x55 and say it works okay probably depends on how you ride.

210x50 is what it was made for and I suspect for a reason.

I googled those terms above and tried to understand what they mean, and now I think I am like understand 60% about them, at least I am sure I won't buy the 210x55 shock for it (as you said, the 137.1-120=17.1mm travel is probably not able to be used) I

I've benefited a lot from your explanation, I appreciate it

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 at 5:10 Quote
photo
photo
photo

.....well it started out as the ohlins build in yellow lol, moving from 51 to 44 offset fork was a huge difference, much more direct steering.

Posted: Apr 29, 2024 at 11:54 Quote
plkjr wrote:
At first I thought that it was less an issue than yours, but yesterday I called commencal and they asked me more photos ; while taking them I saw that the rear wheel is really out of alignement.

I think this means new frame for me...hope I can choose the color haha. For info, I have the 'Ride' verison in S size.

Frame not aligned

Frame not aligned

My '20 Meta AM's seat tube is totally off like yours too. It was the 3rd frame that I received from Commencal because the other ones were even worse, but I decided to keep the one with the "offset" seat tube vs the one that had a 31.0mm seat tube (usually 31.6) or the otehr one that had a dented headtube probably from shipping damage. I can't say it gives me confidence to get another Commencal, but I don't notice the seat tube's offset when riding.

At least the headtube and BB holes were round on this one, and the shock is well aligned with the linkage parts, so I thought I couldn't get better in the situation. I'm getting close to the end of my 5-year warranty, maybe I could send them a few pictures to see if they wnt to give me a new Meta V5 Smile

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 11:42 Quote
Hey all, just got a used T.E.M.P.O. and finished my first shakedown ride today. Call me crazy, but I 5’ 11”, or 6’ after a long dead hang on. A pull up bar, and have an xl. A large would probably serve me best, but I found a lovely deal on an xl. I’ve certainly lost some of the agility, but it still feels excellent. Coming from a 2020 meta 29 (large), the size large numbers were extremely similar to the tempo. I’ve got some weird proportions, and found there to be immense palm pressure on the climbs on the Meta, hence trying the xl.

So, what headset/stem are y’all running? The stock one is enormous and ugly lol. I’ve also got loads of rattle from the shifter and brake cables that run through the chainstays. Has anyone found a solution for that? Coming from a 170mm hog, are there any setup, tuning etc. tips y’all would recommend?

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
frame only and some models have the acros top cap with the ports for the cables, this lets you run any regualar stem and spacers. I have a copperhead 35x35

disclaimer I dont know what headset you actual have or if this fits it.
top cap https://acros-components.com/en/headsets/zs56-headset-cover---integrated-cable-routing-

O+
Posted: 1 days ago Quote
That acros integrated stem that came on the first batch should be a crime to put on bikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011107
Mobile Version of Website