Advice - Dropper post for Giant Reign 27.5

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Advice - Dropper post for Giant Reign 27.5
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 5:27 Quote
Hello!

The dropper on my 2016 Reign 27.5 has finally given up the ghost. I'm told that they're tricky to repair and that it makes more sense to just replace it. Unfortunately I know zero about dropper posts and their compatability with different brnads/models of bike.

Could anybody recommend some dropper posts which would be compatible with a Reign 27.5?

Many thanks!
Dave

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 9:34 Quote
ClydeRydes wrote:
Hello!

The dropper on my 2016 Reign 27.5 has finally given up the ghost. I'm told that they're tricky to repair and that it makes more sense to just replace it. Unfortunately I know zero about dropper posts and their compatability with different brnads/models of bike.

Could anybody recommend some dropper posts which would be compatible with a Reign 27.5?

Many thanks!
Dave

There's really only a couple factors to consider:
(1) seat post diameter - make sure that matches the post you buy. Measure or find it printed on the post. Might be 30.9mm.
(2) dropper length - unless you think you need to change then get the same length you've already got. This is usually printed on the post. Expect around 150mm or there abouts.
(3) remote actuator routing - either internal or external to the frame. Most brands are internal, but external exists and I don't know how your bike is equipped - suspect internal. Just match what you've already got and you should be fine.

There's lots of brands to choose (Fox, Rockshox, PNW, OneUp, Bike Yoke,.....) and you can get the one that meets your sizes and budget.

Good luck.

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 15:41 Quote
I have a pnw cycled post (refurbished) been working great for two seasons. Best $110 I ever spent. They have 30.9 posts in a few lengths in stocks right now

Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 5:35 Quote
Hi guys.

Thanks so much for the info, that's exactly what I needed.

I really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Dave

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009540
Mobile Version of Website