Places to ride in Seattle - Summer 2023

PB Forum :: USA - West
Places to ride in Seattle - Summer 2023
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 12:35 Quote
Where are people riding nowadays?

I'm sure Duthie, Tiger Mountain, Tokul, and Raging River are still the top spots?

FL
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 12:38 Quote
I would take off Tokul for Summer and add Snoqualmie bike park. There is a new small bike park opening in North Bend called Tennant. Tiger, Raging, Duthie are still the hot spots. Ollalie will get more traffic next year with the new trails opening.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2023 at 8:57 Quote
Tigergoosebumps wrote:
Leavenworth

That's pretty far. I'd rather go up to Galbraith if I'm going more than an hour away.

FL
Posted: May 10, 2023 at 9:26 Quote
Another place that gets low on people radar and is absolutely phenomenal is Roslyn/Cle Elum. Only one hour away from North Bend and it kicks ass. Brass Monkey and Rat Pack are two great trails.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2023 at 15:30 Quote
bedell99 wrote:
Another place that gets low on people radar and is absolutely phenomenal is Roslyn/Cle Elum. Only one hour away from North Bend and it kicks ass. Brass Monkey and Rat Pack are two great trails.

I want to arrange a bikepacking thing in that area. Know anywhere to go that allows bikes on the trails and has camp spots along the way? I know DNR or USFS land generally allows dispersed camping, and that area has a lot of both. But I have no idea where to go in that area.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2023 at 20:26 Quote
Port gamble and port Angeles are ton of fun as well.

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 23:34 Quote
nwberm wrote:
bedell99 wrote:

I want to arrange a bikepacking thing in that area. Know anywhere to go that allows bikes on the trails and has camp spots along the way? I know DNR or USFS land generally allows dispersed camping, and that area has a lot of both. But I have no idea where to go in that area.
Across I-90 is the East-West Palouse to Cascades rail trail.

Posted: Jun 9, 2023 at 19:31 Quote
Greenwater area. Skookum, White River, Suntop, Palisades & Ranger Creek to name a few. Black Diamond Open Space for some cross-country type miles.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 13:37 Quote
JalapenoDan wrote:
nwberm wrote:
bedell99 wrote:

Across I-90 is the East-West Palouse to Cascades rail trail.

Planned a trip for this the second weekend in July! I'll try and remember to update here afterward

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 11:53 Quote
Went out and camped at Teanaway Campground outside Cle Elum. Rode Cheese Rock/Granite Slab and then also did a ride on the Palouse to Cascades.

First night was the trail up to Cheese Rock and then down the Granite Slab. Totally unique experience from anything else I've ridden so far! Just solid granite with random two to four foot drops, no single clear path down, just make your own.

Got this great photo at the top.

Top of Cheese Rock Teanaway Forest Cle Elum WA

The ride on the Palouse to Cascades was a leisurely ride from Easton to Thorp, with a stop for lunch at Smokeys.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010491
Mobile Version of Website