Posted: May 16, 2023 at 8:01 Quote
photo

photo

photo

MRP Progressive 450# spring

TRP DHR EVO 203mm f/r

I9 32 MM stem (my height 5'10.5")

MRP ramp unit for zeb with 180 air shaft

Ergon seat with oneup 180mm dropper (ditched the bike yoke for this and cut an inch off the stack height of the post set up)

Race Face Turbine wheels with vault hubs

Deity tmacs

Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 15:07 Quote
Ryanwarren47 wrote:
photo

photo

photo

MRP Progressive 450# spring

TRP DHR EVO 203mm f/r

I9 32 MM stem (my height 5'10.5")

MRP ramp unit for zeb with 180 air shaft

Ergon seat with oneup 180mm dropper (ditched the bike yoke for this and cut an inch off the stack height of the post set up)

Race Face Turbine wheels with vault hubs

Deity tmacs

sickkkk. hows it ride? im cosndiering an insurgent. what sort fo riding do you do?

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 18:17 Quote
Mostly bike park and DH tracks, its basically a pedalable DH bike. Absolute crusher for tech and big hits. I dont think the insurgent mx has good pedaling kinematics to be a good enduro racer. Itll climb OK but more of an means to an end with this rig.

Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 18:26 Quote
Ryanwarren47 wrote:
Mostly bike park and DH tracks, its basically a pedalable DH bike. Absolute crusher for tech and big hits. I dont think the insurgent mx has good pedaling kinematics to be a good enduro racer. Itll climb OK but more of an means to an end with this rig.

makes sense, thats primarily what im looking at it for. find that its still pretty playful to move and jib around, or more monster trucky?

gotta get a dual crown to swap around too!

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 18:30 Quote
More monster Trucky, im in between sizes and a medium I think would have been more maneuverable (my height is 5’10.5”, mostly legs).

Id say its in between playful enduro bike and a full out DH rig.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2023 at 10:06 Quote
Ryanwarren47 wrote:
More monster Trucky, im in between sizes and a medium I think would have been more maneuverable (my height is 5’10.5”, mostly legs).

Id say its in between playful enduro bike and a full out DH rig.

I'm thinking of building my insurgent LS but also in between sizes. 168cm mostly arms and torso than legs - do you think S or M will be better? Prefer to run 50mm stem too. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2023 at 8:39 Quote
I think youd be mint on the medium if you have a long torso/arms. Xlow setting will shorten the reach too. I also felt more at home boosting the Zeb to 180mm over 170mm. Im on a large at 5’10.5” took me a lil while to learn the bike. Only complaint I have is high pedal kickback on the Evils…. Im using a Ochain and now it absolutley dominates tech (and jumps) . You using this as an all rounder?

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2023 at 20:01 Quote
Was the kickback really that bad? I had a medium evil calling before, which felt kinda big. Looking at the insurgent's geo, the reach looks longer on paper hmm

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2023 at 7:10 Quote
Its the worst ive experienced from any bike ive ever ridden. However the bike is an absolute battering ram at the bike park so I went with an Ochain and it totally fixed the issue I was experiencing. If your on clips it wont be as bad but its still there. If you prefer to run a 50mm stem id go with a small.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
Ryanwarren47 wrote:
Its the worst ive experienced from any bike ive ever ridden. However the bike is an absolute battering ram at the bike park so I went with an Ochain and it totally fixed the issue I was experiencing. If your on clips it wont be as bad but its still there. If you prefer to run a 50mm stem id go with a small.

leaning towards small now. I'll check that Ochain too, thanks man!

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 15:25 Quote
I’m a 5’5” 135lb female and I’m graduating from my medium transition scout. Sounds like a small would be the better size for me?

Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 21:59 Quote
iam now trying to replace my knolly warden and looking at insurgent or RM altitude MX

my warden is fairly decent in that, but i struggle with its long reach, where i have big problems with front wheel lifts on slow speed drops and some double black tech. once i pick up little bit of momentum it becomes playful. was wondering how would insurgent compare, if you could share ?

(comparing to older version of warden, reriding same features where i didnt have these problems)

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 4:12 Quote
Im 5’10.5” mostly legs and ride the Evil insurgent mx in large in the X-low position with 180mm airshaft up front and a 32mm stem. Its absolutely perfect now for me with those setting but i think on paper its a long bike and performs best on DH tracks and the bike park….. thats where it really shines and is very confidence inspiring.

Local trails its quite the hog and i would not describe it as playful on slower terrain.

If you do choose this bike I would potentially recommend sizing down but im not sure how tall you are.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031385
Mobile Version of Website