Bunnyhopping....

PB Forum :: Beginners
Bunnyhopping....
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
I can get my front end up but I can't get into the air. It just looks like I'm pulling up. Any suggestions?

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 19:10 Quote
Try to kick yourself in the butt with both feet at the same time. and also push forward and down on the bars.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 19:14 Quote
take the tires off your wheels and jump up and down until they no longer resemble a circular shape

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 19:16 Quote
skiline1337 wrote:
take the tires off your wheels and jump up and down until they no longer resemble a circular shape
wtf is that going to do... brodie brat pretty much covered it...
pull up as hard as you can in the front and kind of like push forward and down. Try it over some really small bumps or wheel chair ramps and then once you can do it on that try on flat

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 19:22 Quote
i dunno if you skateboard or not but its the same idea as an ollie. lean back, lift the front tire, push your body up with your legs,then move your hands up and forward and sucking your knees to your chest. it sounds confusing but it works for me.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 11:05 Quote
For months I just totally couldn't get the back wheel off the ground, mostly cause I was practising the whole hop together. Try practising getting JUST the back wheel off the ground. Lean over the front as if you were gonna do a stoppie, point your toes down and pull up with yer legs, hips, to get the back of the bike off the ground for just a second.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 18:06 Quote
Thanks guys I'll try it outBig Grin

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 21:46 Quote
you could also try twisting your bars forward, as well as pulling up with your legs, without pulling up the front wheel, just to get the back wheel up.
when you get that just do the same motion right after you pull up on the bars.
that's what worked for me...

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 9:23 Quote
You can try doing your hop over a speed bump so the speed bump hops your back tire up off the ground(like a cheater) just to get the feal. Then try to fully clear the speed bump for practice. This is from a Ryan Leech segment on Ride Guide so you might be able to find that clip for a visual.

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 11:05 Quote
dude dont worry i cant bunny hop eitherBig Grin

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 1:31 Quote
it took a lot of practice before i got this but i started with the american bunnyhop which is where you lift up your front wheel and throw your weight forward really quick. then there is the english bunnyhop which i later did i do it by leaning forwards and kicking the back end up with my legs and my pedals angled, then the front end comes up naturally. Hope this helps but just keep up the practice and you will get it for sure!

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 21:23 Quote
i think you gotta twist your wrists

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
bigquotesi think you gotta twist your wrists

What do you mean by that?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009990
Mobile Version of Website