Bunnyhopping....

PB Forum :: Beginners
Bunnyhopping....
O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
ride jumps and do your best to get. ride curbs fast pop up ure front end and as your rear end gets air losen your feet so fou feel how the bike moves. do that a couple of times then start practicing to do it unasisted (without the curb) only works with ht's. its how i learned now i can bunny hop a foot or more

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
skiline1337 wrote:
take the tires off your wheels and jump up and down until they no longer resemble a circular shape
iv seen this question sooo many times...that was the best reply yet!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
actual bunnyhops are quite hard to learn, but you can cheat your way to them which may improve your technique later.

get on a full suspension bike, make the rebound quicker and bounce the bike up and down. not just with your arms but with your hips and knees aswell.

if you want to learn real bunnyhops you only really need to learn picking the back end up - this is hard to teach but basically you need to 'scoop' up the back end with your feet by trying to grip them to the pedals.

Yeh you got to have a pretty fast rebounding suspension set up for that one to work, Like he says scoop it up. Kind of like tilt you pedals downwards so that you still have grip though. Kind of like push back but lift up at the same time so that you're still gripping but also forcing your rear end into like an upwards arc. Once you've done it once or twice you'll never struggle to do it again.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
sorry this isnt related but watch this, its a bit of a waste of time but hey the guys a lol dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4a2FWHLruk&feature=related

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
i cant bunnyhop very good, like maybe 3 inches off the ground, but i can j-hop much better

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
a HUGE part of it is strength. Depending on how old you are and how strong you are really is the depending factor on how you bunnyhop. keep practicing and i dunno.. get old Razz

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 4:18 Quote
Easiest way to learn... Ride down the road at a fair speed.. not too fast, and try pushing forward with your body, therefor lifting your back tire up. Once you have managed to get this down packed lift up your bars after you are id mid motion of having your back tire off the ground. Therefor you will have both wheels off the ground. Keep trying this technique to get them nailed. if done right you can most likely get up to 5"off the ground. Once you think you've excelled at that try less and less picking up your back tire first. Eventually you will lean more and more towards both tires leaving the ground at the same time. From here your on the home stretch to getting high and a good technique. All you need to do now is start raising your front tire first and hopping somewhat in a forward motion preforming the right technique. Preform this and one day u can hop pick nick tables and whatnot like the cool kids down your block.

This was done written before a VERY EARLY shift at work. Let me know if this did or didn't help you. if needed i can most likely get a video one day to give a real example.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
photo

notice how he pushes the bike forward, witch brings the back end up higher and bends his knees, just keep practicing it helps to hop up or over something instead of on flat ground

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
The way I started to bunny hop was just trying to jump over this small bars on the ground... It was with my old bike.Once you get the feel for it, you will see it gets easier as you push the bike up harder.Right now, I´m very proud of my bunny hopsSmile

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
imagin trying to get a bit of hieght from the lip of any jump.
but it depens .
you can bunnyhop oldschool or a chris smith?

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
yea for me it took a while but works for me is get low and then pop up and just pull up the front untill you reach your hightest point and then i jump so the back end comes up

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
Cheat and use spd's then try agin without them and somehow you will be able to do it. worked for me anyway.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Cheat and use spd's then try agin without them and somehow you will be able to do it. worked for me anyway.

Yeh with spds you get the timing on the front perfect as you dont need to concetrate on your feet as much, afterwards just concentrate on your feet!

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:41 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:

I was the exact opposite, I went from clearing a 24" bar with SPDs to having troubles clearing curbs. To me, they felt nothing alike and it was a solid 4 or 5 months before I got back to clearing that height.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
to do a smoth bunnyhop hold on to the handel bars and kind of twist your thumbs while pulling up on the handl bars whith your feet on the pedals presing down or kind of compress the suspison

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018205
Mobile Version of Website