Bunnyhopping....

PB Forum :: Beginners
Bunnyhopping....
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 3:25 Quote
dynamic wrote:
marquis wrote:
bunnyhop no problem's just the wheelie hop but i will get it this year.

I was explaining a J-Hop/Wheelie Hop as I've never really tried Bunny hops (no need)

ah right sorry,see that's where im probably going wrong.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 3:44 Quote
dynamic wrote:
I can hop fairly high, picnic table height. Build yourself a hop bar, practice all the time. Thats what I did.
To learn to bring the rear up, roll along, point your toes and lift up with your feet. Just practice pulling the rear end up and use this same motion when moving onto actual hopping.
Hope this helps as I love hopping (fundamental of the sport).

Yea right on. I setup a bar as soon as I realised that I was good at hopping. I'm up to 2ft and 3" but I'll be past that soon. Not bad for a 15kg bikeBig Grin .

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
point your toes to the ground and jump. just takes practice and a lot of upper body strength. try it on a small bike first that you can lift pretty easily. then just practice.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
I tried doing what Brodie-Brat-06 said, and it started to work quite well actually.

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 4:49 Quote
RPereira wrote:
I know I´m a bit late, but here´s a video demonstrating a small bunnyhop:
Views: 1,006    Faves: 0    Comments: 4

^^ Dude, that guy cases the like 2 inch side walk rofl... that's what puts his back up, look closely =p

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 4:55 Quote
patrickrider wrote:
RPereira wrote:
I know I´m a bit late, but here´s a video demonstrating a small bunnyhop:
Views: 1,006    Faves: 0    Comments: 4

^^ Dude, that guy cases the like 2 inch side walk rofl... that's what puts his back up, look closely =p

I noticed that as well :p

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
I also have a question, how can I stop landing on my front tire as much. Just pull up more.?

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
rideabicycle wrote:
I also have a question, how can I stop landing on my front tire as much. Just pull up more.?
u might be pushing down on the front to get the back end up, u have to level out in the air by pulling ur legs up and pushing/pulling bars

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
gregarious wrote:
rideabicycle wrote:
u might be pushing down on the front to get the back end up, u have to level out in the air by pulling ur legs up and pushing/pulling bars
I find that sometimes when i do that, i dont getr as much air and theres a 1 foot and a couple inches ledge at a skewl by me and i sometimes case if i try to land more flat.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
Im having problem to get the back wheel up. I can get the front how ever easy up from the ground.When I try to get it up my feet dosent hold on the pedales. I have been bike for only few weeks.. How can i get my back of the ground and get better grips of my pedales? Dose it matter what kind of pedales i have? right now they are this plastic cheep ones that came with the bike.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
Some idiot made this back in the day but it shows you the basic form step by step.

Same idea on a hardtail.

(Password protected)
Views: 2,701    Faves: 0    Comments: 9
This video is password protected.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
Snowgirl90 wrote:
Im having problem to get the back wheel up. I can get the front how ever easy up from the ground.When I try to get it up my feet dosent hold on the pedales. I have been bike for only few weeks.. How can i get my back of the ground and get better grips of my pedales? Dose it matter what kind of pedales i have? right now they are this plastic cheep ones that came with the bike.

That´s because you´re pushing your legs up and you can´t do that because as you said your feet will come up and not the bike. What you want to do is instead of pushing your legs up, try pushing them forward by extending them and also your arms. Your body movement will make the bike go up naturaly. You need to practice a lot to get it right. It can be frustrating but you need to keep tryingSmile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027934
Mobile Version of Website