Powered by Outside

Coast gravity park Ferry?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Coast gravity park Ferry?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2023 at 15:59 Quote
Super bummed to find out the Ferry from Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) to Langdale was booked the entire day and day before my trip. I've got a small truck and 3 other people with me.
What are my options? Has anyone just shown up with a vehicle and had luck getting on the day of??
If we don't bring the truck, are there shuttles from Langdale to the bike park??
Or car rentals on the other side?

O+
Posted: May 24, 2023 at 17:08 Quote
They always keep a certain percentage of unreserved spots, so you can turn up on the day and they'll just put you in a separate non-reservation queue which is loaded on a first come first serve basis until each sailing is full. Whether you'll have to wait for a next sailing or even two will depend on whether it's the weekend and time of day. Long weekends are the worst.

Looks like they're only allowing up to 65% of vehicle spots to be pre-booked on that route so you can likely just turn up early and wait. Even better try for a time when people will be at work and just chill along the coast for a bit beforehand.

Walk ons are usually fine and there is a bus along the Sunshine Coast that takes about 45 mins to Sechelt but then you'd have a long cycle about 8km up to the Park from Sechelt I think.

I'd give BC ferries a call and double check as they did trial booking up to 95% on some select sailings last year but don't think that's the case right now as I do this sometimes when the ferry's booked up.

Posted: May 24, 2023 at 17:31 Quote
dlyndon wrote:
They always keep a certain percentage of unreserved spots, so you can turn up on the day and they'll just put you in a separate non-reservation queue which is loaded on a first come first serve basis until each sailing is full. Whether you'll have to wait for a next sailing or even two will depend on whether it's the weekend and time of day. Long weekends are the worst.

Looks like they're only allowing up to 65% of vehicle spots to be pre-booked on that route so you can likely just turn up early and wait. Even better try for a time when people will be at work and just chill along the coast for a bit beforehand.

Walk ons are usually fine and there is a bus along the Sunshine Coast that takes about 45 mins to Sechelt but then you'd have a long cycle about 8km up to the Park from Sechelt I think.

I'd give BC ferries a call and double check as they did trial booking up to 95% on some select sailings last year but don't think that's the case right now as I do this sometimes when the ferry's booked up.

Awesome thanks for the info! I'll give them a call

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2023 at 15:03 Quote
If you are willing to get up early just show an hour before the first ferry and pretty much 100% chance you are getting on (assuming it is not a long weekend).

Posted: Jul 31, 2023 at 16:01 Quote
gramboh wrote:
If you are willing to get up early just show an hour before the first ferry and pretty much 100% chance you are getting on (assuming it is not a long weekend).

Yep! We went on a very busy Saturday and showed up 75 minutes before the first ferry. Just barely missed the first one and got on the second ferry. Still got to Coast Gravity before it opened.

oh and BTW, Coastal Cruise is no joke.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008294
Mobile Version of Website