Powered by Outside

Trek Roscoe Tires

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Roscoe Tires
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 5:31 Quote
I have had my trek roscoe 8 for a year now, and the tires are becoming worn out. The tires are tubeless bontrager 29x2.6 xr4 and they are a bit overkill for what I need. Would it be a good idea to a 2.5 or a 2.4 because most of the riding I do is on the street? Would it be a good idea to go back to tubes for the easier maintenance?

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 5:56 Quote
Yes and maybe.

Swap tires to suit your needs and enjoy the ride.
Tubes vs tubeless - not sure what "easier maintenance" you mean with tubes. I find tubeless to require less maintenance since I don't get flats as much as I did when I was running tubes. But if you had a different experience then that's fine - just put tubes in and get rolling how you like.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 7:29 Quote
Thank you BenLow2019!

Posted: Jun 19, 2023 at 17:43 Quote
You can go with even smaller than 2.4 if you're riding only street. If you want to stick with bontrager, XR2 or XR3 are good options.

I swap tires on my Roscoe depending on the conditions and find tubeless too messy. Also, depending on how many bikes you have, topping up the sealant on a bike I don't use regularly for months at times seems like a waste. I run XR2 rear and XR4 front in the dry, and use lightweight tubes (pirelli scorpion smartube). I guess it would depend on where you ride, but thankfully flats aren't an issue for me with the wide rims and big volume tires.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010646
Mobile Version of Website